“Lovely little restaurant - very popular” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 152 Restaurants in Beaune
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
UK
“Lovely little restaurant - very popular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our hotel directed us towards this restaurant and I was not sure at first as it did not look as good as it turned out to be. Impeccable service, and delicious food and wine, all at a very reasonable price. Very, very popular - so many people were turned away we were glad we had booked which we did on the day.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Ciboulette Délicieux!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Sunday July 26, 2014-My second visit in four years and as good as the first! Dining alone can be daunting, however, not so here especially on my last night in Beaune. I was given a nice table in the corner, the bright lamp graciously turned off at my request by the make host so as not to highlight my being solo! All three staff were helpful, attentive and they persevered with my rusty French. The main hostess Isabelle was très charmante, pleased at my return visit and coached me through my French. Kir Royale avec mûre was a great start, I don't recall the amuse bouche as it didn't last long. My ris de veau were excellent as was the Maranges 1er Cru, La Fussière suggested by Isabelle. I finished with Joseph Cartron Tres Vieux Marc de Bourgogne and an excellent coffee. The two adjoining dining rooms are not huge, intimate but also enough space between tables to avoid feeling crowded. They have two small tables in front of the restaurant as a make shift patio.

La Ciboullette is well attended and I would definitely advise to reserve ahead of time. I will always endeavour to dine here on any return trip to Beaune. I felt I had value for money both in the quality of food, wine and service. You can dine on a budget if you choose carefully. My experience was a treat; aperitif, main, wine, coffee and digestif, servis compris = E74.80

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paso Robles
“One of our favorite restaurants in Beaune!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have dined here twice on two different vacations, and the meals were superb, both times. I had a delicious salmon terrine for an entree, and then my husband and I had the duck with potatoes and vegetables, and the steak with Epoisses sauce - both were divine! You MUST make reservations. I did so before we left the US, just in case. We saw so many people turned away at the door because they didn't have a reservation. Don't miss this place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food but service was not consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by two separate associates so we booked in advance. The reception was fine and two out of three servers were adequate (smiles and willingness to help) two English speakers with limited French. However, one server refused to help with any translation and get the one English speaking waitress for us when we asked for help. She was rude, unhelpful and let's this place down. I wouldn't go again as the food wasn't so great that arrogant service is worth enduring. Many other local brasseries can do good food and service!

Visited July 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“As always ... the tops...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The meal we(3 guests) had Ciboulette was once again SUPER. Great food, outstanding wine and terrific ambiance Never disappoints....

• Visited July 2014