We broke our journey south in Avallon.
This is a lovely historical town and the hotel matches the town.
We ate in the dining room and it was excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A carriage entrance hides the genteel world of this former post house built in 1707 in the fortified market town of Avallon. Testimony to the French way of life, this hotel, with its timeless charm, has a series of rooms spread out along a paved courtyard giving onto an island of greenery. The spacious, traditionally furnished rooms are feature coordinated fabrics and superb bathrooms. Cooking brasserie purified in noon, served in the bar reorganized by the hotel: a warm place where thrones a luxurious fireplace, surrounded with artists' short-lived works in any kinds.Gourmet cuisine refined in the evening, served in the delightful atmosphere of a "Grand Siècle" style restaurant. Lunch either to have dinner, the new head cooker of the restaurant " La Calèche " proposes you allying dishes.The new team of “Hostellerie de la Poste” will be delighted to welcome for this Outstanding stop-over in Burgundy, half-way between Lyon and Paris, and just a step from Vézelay, eternal hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hostellerie de la Poste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie De La Poste Hotel Avallon
- Hostellerie De La Poste Avallon