“Worst Hotel since long” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Autun
Schwetzingen
“Worst Hotel since long”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I agree absolutely with all the bad comments . You are not welcome in this place. A very unfriendly receptionist. Every little activity seem too much for him.You wonder why he is in the hotel-business . Rooms are poor and there is no waterpressure and constant temperature in the shower.It is a "Contact-Hotel" which normally have a good standard and you receive hotel-stamp , which means after 11 stamps you get a free night. The receptionist refused the stamp because the booking was through internet. This never happened before !
Avoid this hotel !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I wish I had read the 5 previous TripAdvisor reviews (all in French) of this hotel before booking because I agree with them all. Unfortunately, it was the only place we could find with a family room for the four of us. The hotel is well-placed opposite the station and the downstairs reception is light and bright: do not be deceived by these favourable first impressions! The welcome at reception is surly and unco-operative (we had requested inside parking, this caused Messieur the great inconvenience of having to leave his seat and open the gate, he waited for me to park before telling me he wanted me to park in another place). I speak serviceable French but even so it failed to elicit cooperation here. First warnings we when we had to pay the full amount there and then. Then we groped our way upstairs in the gloom: the stairs carpet was filthy, the room (103) grimy, the bed covers grubby and I'm not convinced that the sheets were fresh. There were rather a lot of insects in the room but my wife cheerfully noted that the many spiders and their helpful cobwebs would be able to deal with them. The bathroom was rather tatty but we managed a full, if tepid bath. Our room was noisy, being on the main road, which we expected. The breakfast was all right with the usual cereals, pastries and juices and the hotel was busy, mainly with Dutch guests who I suspect (like us) hadn't checked the previous French reviews of this place. My conclusion is that, being a cheap hotel in the historic city of Autun, the Hotel Les Arcades stopped trying long ago and there has been no money spent on the place in ages. It's a disgrace to the beautiful city of Autun and I would heartily recommend anyone to find another hotel or Pension.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Arcantis Hotel les Arcades? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Arcantis Hotel les Arcades

Address: 22 rue de la Republique, 71400 Autun, France
Location: France > Burgundy > Saone-et-Loire > Autun
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Autun
Hotel Class:2 star — Arcantis Hotel les Arcades 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Arcantis Hotel les Arcades reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Arcantis Hotel les Arcades, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.