“Fantastic end to our holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Belem Hotel

You added Belem Hotel to your Saves list
Belem Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Rue de la Croix-Raux | La Grassinais, 35400 Saint-Malo, France   |
Ranked #64 of 85 Hotels in Saint-Malo
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic end to our holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We don't have sat nav so finding this hotel was a bit tricky. When we did we were really pleased. A huge 2 bed room with a jacuzzi bath which my two teenages loved. There was a really comfy sofa and two armchairs where we all settled down to watch a film. 10 min from the ferry it was a great relaxing way to end our holiday as there was no rushing in traffic to get the 10.30 ferry back to portsmouth. service at reception was great and quick. If your looking for a lovely hotel in st malo stay here. Just a quick note...St Malo is stunning.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was alone, arrived from a long journey and receptionist was nice and polite gave me a quiet room to have a good rest.
Very large room and very quiet.
Good car park
In the morning had a complementary coffee, very good.
Will be back.
Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel rooms were quite large, and the shower was creatively made! The staff spoke pretty good English and there was a computer in the lobby we could use to check email if we wanted to. There was a nice sunroom and breakfast room off the lobby too that were decorated well. The breakfast was pretty good, though my friend was disappointed when they ran out of chocolate croissants. Negatives: the room was a little dusty (I had to wash off 2 hangers before hanging some clothes up), and there was a sharp smell of possibly paint when we first entered our room. We opened up the glass door for a while and that helped a bit. The location was kind of in the middle of nowhere, but for the value, it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Belarus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is one of the beautiful places; I have stayed in the last few months. Although my stay was short, but it was quite relaxing and comfortable. We arrived the place in the early morning hours and found the property very neat and well maintained. We were welcomed very kindly and check in went very smooth. Room was very well prepared, everything was perfect. Beds were heavenly and pillows were super soft. Breakfast was good and other meals were OK. Overall great place, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Millbrook, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night before getting the ferry to Poole. The advertisingstates there is a luxury shower. We had booked a large room as no smaller ones were available. The room was perfectly reasonable but the shower was the worst I've ever encountered in a hotel, the only way it worked was by pressing a button on the small shower head, there was nowhere to hang the head and it was challenging to shampoo your hair whilst holding the button. All the fancy shower nozzles and the large fixed shower head had no water coming from them and looked like they had not worked for years. I did not complain as it was late and we left early before breakfast. Also no tea/coffee facilities in the room or onsite and dire warnings about no food or drink allowed in the room. Receptionist friendly and spoke English.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room which have little balconies or your outside seating could be right on the p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

After a 9 hour drive from the south of France to St Malo, I arrived at the end of what looked like some sort industrial estate to find a very uninviting hotel. There was one car in the car park, poor lighting and absolutely no one around. I was with my four year old son and felt very isolated. Then there was no one at reception and found an automatic entry machine which did not work and had a message stuck to it saying call this number which I did. Then I got hold of a very rude and unhelpful woman who was totally unsympathetic to my situation and attempted to give me some codes to put in the door but was so mixed up and confused that she did not make any sense. I was standing there in the middle of nowhere with my 4 yr old son and could not get into the hotel. The conversation with the receptionist broke down and she pretty much told me to look elsewhere, which I did. I then got charged a cancellation fee as i booked through booking.com. I can't believe that, in the circumstances, i have been charged. This feels like theft to me. This was the most unwelcoming hotel i have ever been to and the rudest staff. Thankfully my son and I found a really nice hotel with a receptionist who was willing to help. An absolutely dreadful experience. If you want to stay at the end of an industrial estate tendered to by rude and unhelpful staff, then go for it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Saint Malo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Ideal Location for the hypermarket and access to Dinan, Dinard & Rennes
Staff friendly and helpful
Breakfast good
Rooms a bit basic but perfect for just a sleepover
Large room but bed seen better days

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Belem Hotel? Share your experiences!