“Solid hotel for a short stay in Brest” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4, Boulevard Leon Blum, 29200 Brest, France   |
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Brest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, UK
“Solid hotel for a short stay in Brest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I have stayed at the Hotel Center in Brest twice in 2010-11, the latest time being a week in 2011. The hotel is a fine place to stay if you are in Brest on business, but don't expect any extra frills, this is definitely a 3-3.5 star hotel and not somewhere I would use for a holiday.

The location is good for business, but not necessarily if you want to stay in the centre of Brest, as it is a good 20 minute walk away from the main square and shopping area around Rue de Siam. Nonetheless, the hotel does have parking, which is behind the hotel - you have to drive round the block to find the entrance.

The rooms are of a good size and are cleaned to a very good standard. The bathrooms and showers are good, and I liked the cleansing mineral scrub which is provided every day. However, both times I noticed that on longer stays the staff are reluctant to provide toilet paper when the roll is clearly about to run out - this led to me hoarding a roll when one was finally provided.

The rooms all have large flatscreen TVs with a variety of French, English and American channels, as well as some standard European channels such as Italian TV. The in-room internet can be accessed via ethernet cable, which the front desk will happily provide free of charge - however, on my latest stay, both myself and a colleague were given ethernet cables which were obviously very old and kept disconnecting.

The staff are very friendly and eager to help, especially the front desk staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel was dated and very difficult to access. Although the staff were very polite and friendly, the decoration of the hotel was uninviting and looked dirty. The room was clean but with three different flooring styles and various finishes on the wall, the hotel was unkempt and not very well presented. The hotel we stayed in bore little resemblance to the one presented on the internet.
My boyfriend didn't think it was too bad but as a 29 year old male, I feel his standards aren't quite up to those of a 26 year old female with high expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished one, if they exist.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2003

I stayed at the Ibis Centre a year ago. I was searching for an economical hotel just because I'm thrifty (cheap). I figured that I'd find something in one of the villages near Brest. NOT! The other Ibis hotel nearer the motorway was full, and it was more money. I'd stayed in another Ibis property and knew what to expect: IKEA does a hotel. So, after driving around town for a bit, I found their parking lot and checked in. The price was within my limits. (50-100E/night).The room was spacious, had a kitchen (that I didn't use), and other amenities. The parking lot is hard to find. There are signs that point you at it, but there's a lot of faith involved. The short version is it's around the corner and at the rear of the hotel. The hotel is located on a long block, so you have to drive a bit to get there. It turned out that the location was a real bonus; close to the center of town, near the waterfront (I was taking the ferry to Ouessant), and easy to get to from the motorway. They don't have laundry facilities, and I didn't find a DIY laundry that was open past 2130hrs. I did find one, though, by driving around randomly. I got to use my limited French on the woman who cleaned up and locked the doors. She spoke less English than I did French. Ahhhh...what an adventure. But, my clothes did get washed and dried. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed May 2002

Been to Hotel Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Center

Address: 4, Boulevard Leon Blum, 29200 Brest, France
Location: France > Brittany > Finistere > Brest
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Brest
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.