“Bedbugs! Stay away!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 69 Hotels in Biarritz
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Bedbugs! Stay away!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed in this hotel, which is near the beach for 5 days. The rooms were relatively clean; however, the rooms had bedbugs. My partner and I were covered with bedbug bites (swollen red bites) all over our bodies. Not only has our vacation been ruined, but my partner and I are currently dealing with the consequences of the bites: medication, chest x-ray and viral culture swap.
The hotel staffs denied any existence of these bedbugs and have refused us any compensation. The booking agency has offered to refund us 30% after seeing photo and medical evidence. I believe that it is not fair to other guests to go through the same ordeal, especially if they have young children. My best advice: Stay away!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lancaster, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I was given a quote in B&B, which means that breakfast is included. I was told by email from their reservation person Audrey that it was. However, when we left the hotel we looked at the bill and we were charged for all the breakfasts so I went back to the front desk and the clerk removed the charges. When we got the credit card bill, they had reinstated the breakfasts in a separate charge 68 euros for 4 breakfasts. I emailed them thee times about these charges and got nowhere. My credit card company was notified and is removing the charges. I believed that they just said that the Breakfasts were included just to get our reservations and had no intention of honoring their written mails. On top, our first floor room had a view of a clothing store not of the sea as requested two months prior reservation!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Smack in the centre of all the action, overlooking the square with the bandstand, the Hotel Florida was perfect for our three night stay. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the room, although basic, was clean, neat and spacious. The only down side is the noise - but this is a fair trade off for its position.
Totally recommended.

• Liked — Having breakfast on the balcony overlooking the sea and the square
  • Disliked — Hard to say - it was all good. I guess the bathroom was very basic - but it all worked!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

The hotel is in a good location, near shopping, restaurants and the beach. Its advertised as 3 stars which is misleading, The staff was nice but the rooms weren't clean. The towels were coming apart, the shower needed a good scrub and the bathroom floor needed a mop (there was still hair on the floor from a previous guest). I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AussieDay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

Very good location in the east of the city close to restaurants and shops and only a 5 minute walk to the casino. Hotel was small and a little scrappy but for the price I cant really complain. If you do not like pastries and lots of them to make the price of the breakfast worthwhile forget their breakfast.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — State of rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
co. clare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

I stayed in this hotel in mid May 2007. When I enquired about the availability of a room they advised me that they had a Double Standard Room with courtyard view for €97 per night or a Junior Suite with courtyard view for €120 per night. I confirmed by email the reservation of the Double Room for the three nights. When we checked in at to the hotel I was disgusted with the room we were given. A small dingy room overlooking a grafitied laneway, no TV, tiny ensuite with a leaking sink. I went back to reception and asked for a different room as this room did not have a courtyard view as they had stated on their email. The woman at reception told me that I did not state 'courtyard view' on my reservation email and that they had no other Double Rooms available. I asked if they had any other room available. She said they had an apartment available for the last two nights of my stay so we ended up staying in the less than impressive room for the first night and the apartment for the other two nights (at the same rate of €97/night). The apartment was okay, certainly nothing amazing about it - again no TV, no tea facilities, no aircon, backstreet view, poor soundproofing. Hotel has a good location, mostly helpful staff.
Be careful to state 'with Courtyard View' when reserving.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2006

I was reluctant to book this hotel as I like my comfort and luxury! But I decided to go for it because of the location. Well - was I glad! And not only for the location. Although the hotel is not exactly luxury, the friendly and more than helpful staff made up for it. And that includes all of them. I felt as if I was at home, nothing was too much trouble for them, they went out of their way without being asked several times and that does not happen too often these days. We will certainly be going back (we only came home today and I am already checking my dates!). Now don't everyone go there, I want to be able to get a booking when we next go back!

• Liked — Friendliness, service, and location
  • Disliked — Could do with updating
  • Tips/Secrets — Clean but don't expect luxury.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Florida Biarritz? Share your experiences!