Being my first time in Biarritz, I was worried that the hotel would be away from the beach cause the whole town was absolutely booked. I needed 4 rooms and Mercure was the option and I am glad it was. Yes its an older property but it looks like it was recently remodeled with very nice and comfy furniture to accompany the stunning view from the 4 windows we had in each room looking over the ocean. The rooms we very good in size and really clean. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable and guided us through town with smiles on their faces. They spoke very good English which made our life easy. Room service was actually great and food quality was excellent compared to restaurants in town that I was surprised to find it below average. Location is just perfect and across the street you just take few steps down to the beach and casino. I am really please and will come again for sure. One more tip, if you are traveling by bus then you made a correct choice by getting Mercure casue the bus stop is just around the corner from the hotel and next to the tourism office.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring completely renovated rooms, the hotel is located right in the centre of town and just 100m from the main beach of Biarritz. Mercure Biarritz Plaza Centre welcomes you in an art deco architecture unique to the hotel building and recognised by the French National Trust as exemplary of the seaside resort style of the 1930s. Family rooms also available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza Hotel Biarritz
- Accor Biarritz Centre Plaza
- Hotel Plaza