“Best meal” 5 of 5 stars

05 59 23 13 68
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Les Rosiers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 268 Restaurants in Biarritz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
London, United Kingdom
“Best meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Certainly the best place I remember myself eating in.

I quite like to find flaws in things, so I would definitely let you know if there was anything wrong about my visit at Les Rosier, but honestly there weren't any flaws - everything was perfect.

We ordered a tasting menu and I didn't regret our choice a single minute. I was happy to try all the dishes proposed, especially the lobster and the pigeon.

The lobster was amazing...An explosion of flavours! The meat itself was the best lobster meat that I have ever tried. And it's not just slightly different from the other lobsters I ate - it is significantly better!

Same goes for pigeon meat. It was absolutely amazing and it literally melted in my mouth. There were three parts to the pigeon dish (at least in a tasting menu, the 'a la carte' one might be larger): the leg (extremely soft), the liver (I am not sure it was the liver, but it tasted like one) and kind of a 'liver mash in a sack. All of those were supper-tasty and all of them had a different taste to it. It's like a freaking festival of flavours!

There wasn't a specific sommelier, but the waiter was experienced enough to suggest us a great wine.

Also, when they bring bread, opt for the cereal one - it's amazing...pretty much like everything else in the restaurant.

Not much to say about desserts. All of them were good. I especially liked the mascarpone/icecream one. The chocolate cake was also a quite interesting one.

Enjoy your meal!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Condom, France
“Very good food, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was taken to this restaurant for my birthday a few days ago while staying in Biarritz and we loved it! The food is very good, the staff very friendly and they even put a little candle on my dessert which was very much appreciated! I found that some restaurants are really underseasoning food in Biarritz but not this one. In the end Andrée, one of the chefs came to talk to us, a very nice lady and so we had the opportunity to congratulate her. Maybe I would have done more with the decoration but well, one doesn't only go to a restaurant for the decoration!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ruffec, France
“Brilliant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants we have eaten at in SW France. Situated in the suburbs of Biarritz in a tranquil location, there are no problems with parking. The decor is simple, elegant and modern and the food to die for. The chef, Madame Rosier took the time to visit each table to discuss the meal, It is maybe a little expensive given the portion sizes but the food was of such high quality we were willing to forgive the prices. We went on a Saturday night which didn't offer the more inexpensive menu price so for those not wanting to spend too much it could be an idea to try this establishment during the week at lunch time as it really is worth a visit.

• Visited June 2012