“Beautiful authentic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of POSITANO

POSITANO
45 rue du Loup, 33000 Bordeaux, France (Rue Sainte-Catherine)
05 56 81 41 41
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rue Sainte-Catherine
“Beautiful authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Best Italian ive ever had. Caprise salad with foccaccia to start which was simply Devine, then a calzone for my partner which was amazing and he couldn't finish, I had the spaghetti prawns. It was so tasty with bags of flavour, the waitress was friendly and very nice. It's such a shame this place isn't more busy, when it deserves to be. We may go back for pizza for lunch!
It should be number one in this site!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I just read the previous reviews , and I just can't formulate things better. We've had lunch and dinner many times in Italy itself, but when leaving I told the chef that, to my knowledge, he ran the best Italian restaurant in the whole of Western Europe. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Cheating in Bordeaux - Italian in a French city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Weve just come back from a long weekend in Bordeaux and I must say, overall, the quality of the food was impressive.
Unfortunately we couldn’t get into Chez Gabriel as it was fully booked both nights so we decided to look at places on tripadvisors that were small, family orientated and simple food cooked with a lot of love.
When walking up to the restaurant, I did have this terrible feeling that we had been stitched up by rogue or phantom reviewers.
So to mirror what others said, don’t judge a book by its cover. Because you might miss out on something!
Ok its Italian and I accept some people will say, its not local cusine let alone french. And I take your point, I actually agree with you.
But sometimes the comfort of a good pasta or a pizza after a long day are too hard to refuse.
The best thing about this place is the rustic and freshness of the food.
My favourite is the antipasti and home made wood oven bread for starters…….
£50 for 2 and a bottle of wine.
Maybe because I've travelled a bit, something that is cheap, fresh and amazing appeals to me more than some overpriced, fit in as many tastes in one spoon place.
Brad

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Venice, California
“Best Italian Restaurant in Bordeaux”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Since we have been disappointed with the french restaurants in Bordeaux, I decided to check other people's experience and where they enjoyed eating the most. I will have to say that "Thank You, Tripadvisor reviewers because i decided to take the suggestions of eating at the place.

Their antipasti was so fresh that we consumed it in 5 minutes. The fresh bread that comes with it is just the best garlic bread i've ever had.

It is simply my best meal in Bordeaux, the Pasta with Gambas was to die for and I would order it again and again. The best gambas I have ever had in my life. My friend ordered a calzone and we didn't hear him speak until all his food was done.

Don't expect bells and whistles with the decor as the decor is not modern but sufficient. I will take this decor if I am served the most amazing home cook meal ever. We saw a total of 3 people working the whole restaurant. The server, the cook and the dish wash person but we never felt as if service was bad.

This is a hidden gem, if you are ever in Bordeaux look them up!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canberra, Australia
“Wow - who would have guessed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Wandered into Positano keen to find something a bit spicier than the average French fare and looking for a pasta hit. The ambience did have us a little worried - felt more like a half-hearted cafe than a restaurant and they clearly hadn't sunk a lot of money into the decorations. Well - it was a huge case of don't judge a book by its cover. We each had a pasta dish (puttanesca and my other half had (I think) a ravioli with a blue cheese sauce of some description, plus a rocket salad). Flavours were immense and amazing and we've eaten in a lot of good Italian restaurants in Australia and italy. There was only one other couple dining there - also Australian, who also noted that it had been their best meal in France. Can't disagree - the food was amazing. The waitress turned out to be a gem - totally competent with a great deal of flair, humour and efficiency. Kind of hard to find but well worth it - Bordeaux is a great place to walk around anyway!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere