“Good budget hotel in Bordeaux” 3 of 5 stars

Ibis Budget Bordeaux Centre Bastide
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Allee Serr, 33000 Bordeaux, France (La Bastide)   |
Ranked #48 of 174 hotels in Bordeaux
Hong Kong, China
“Good budget hotel in Bordeaux”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Overall its was good experience. Basically like all etaps but you get FREE WIFI in your room which is not the case for most etaps I stayed in during my Europe trip. This is a BIG plus for this particular etap. Well done.

On the bad side we stayed in room 418 and the aircon is definately not operating in aircon mode. We asked them to fix it but all the reception could do was to say she adjusted the temp from the reception to 18 degree. I think I would now the difference between 18 degrees and 27 degrees. So during our short stay we had to endure sleeping with the window wide open to lower the room temperature which is not good at all. If you don't want us to use the aircon just don't install the unit.

The site is very good as its right next to a Carrerfour supermarket and there is a large cafe in the rear of the complex. Very good.

I would have given this particular etap 5 stars as a super budget hotel but due to the lack of quality sleep I got from this particular place I'm giving it 3 only.

Room Tip: Make sure the aircon works as a aircon
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Overall, I found Bordeaux to be unengaging. I was passing through as I photographed other destinations for work. Just can't muster any excitement about this property or the region it's lovated in. Perhaps I missed out on the interesting aspects of Bordeaux, but I can't see myself speaking of the place as a place to be visited. I am torn on the Etap in terms of recommendation. I could honestly go either way, so in that case I guess I'll just say it wouldn't be a nightmare if one should stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Samos, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Initially, I chose this hotel at short notice because the more "characterful" ones that I would usually go for were all full or outside my budget. However, I haev been pleasantly surprised by just how much I've enjoyed my stay here (and I'm writing this on my last morning). The atmosphere is relaxed and informal,. whilst remaining efficient, and as a solo traveller on this occasion I have felt completely at ease. I would certainly stay here again and wonder why I've spent so much on more expensive hotels in the past when this has all I need, including good quality fittings and free wi-fi. It's also an easy walk into the centre of town and Bordeaux has a great bike hire and tram system.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Ringwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Cheep but not that cheerful. The room furnishings, whilst modern are totally characterless. I cannot believe how this hotel is rated so highly. The breakfasts were awful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I wound up making a reservation here after receiving word two days before I flew to Bordeaux that the booking agent for my downtown hotel was bankrupt so I panicked. When the cab driver saw the hotel he said "domage" but I had a reservation, so I went in. Well, it's bare bones, but like the cleanest hostel you've ever been in. And at 69 years of age, I didn't make it across the bridge really quickly, but the location forced me to learn how to use the wonderful tram system, and I wound up loving this place. An excellent cafeteria on one side, an ATM on the other and a super market behind--bring your own shampoo, none is provided. I would stay here again in a heart beat. At the end of my trip, I stayed at a four star hotel in the Auverne that had bed bugs, to put it all in perspective.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We are returning for a second long weekend this year to this wonderful city.I would recommend this Ibis as it is only 15 minutes walk across the beautiful Point Pierre to the city. You can now take a bus to the city centre from the Airport (laine 1) and a tram to the Stalingrad stop, 4 minutes to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Toulouse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for a short break in Bordeaux. We chose this hotel as it had parking (5 euros a night in the underground supermarket carpark next door) and is relatively central. Good points about the hotel - it is a 10-15 minute walk to the centre across the river to the centre of Bordeaux, the hotel is spotless and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel was full but it was quiet nonetheless. Rooms are small and functional but fine for a short break. There is a small supermarket beside the the hotel and a bar/restaurant a few minutes walk away. Overall it was great for a night and I would recommend it if you have a car but need somewhere central.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ibis Budget Bordeaux Centre Bastide? Share your experiences!