“Good for Pricepoint for Rail Travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #47 of 175 Hotels in Bordeaux
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good for Pricepoint for Rail Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Located a short walk from the main train station in Bordeaux this hotel is good for people coming in and out by rail. There is a frequent tram from the train station that takes about 5 minutes to get into the center. There are a few places to eat around the station too.

The hotel is a small place with only a handful of rooms. The rooms are clean and everything was functioning. The Wifi worked well. Water and other refreshments can be purchased in the lobby. The hotel desk is not staffed 24 hours and you will need to make arrangements if you are arriving late. There is a gate with a code to reach the rooms.

This is a good place to use when you are out touring most of the time. If you are spending a lot of time in your hotel then this might not be the place for you but it is comfortable and clean.

The breakfast is a standard mainland EU style with cold cuts, juices, yogurt and breads. For 9 Euro I would recommend to find a place elsewhere or get some fruits and bread on your own.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Beauville france
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a reasonably priced hotel, comfortable bed ( but only 1 pillow each). Bathroom clean, quiet area. Free wifi easy to log onto and worked well.
Breakfast pricey at 9 euros, but there were cold meats, cheese, boiled eggs, pastries etc.
the parking was over the road and secure.
Friendly staff, who spoke good english.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Western New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I wanted a clean hotel near the train station that served a good breakfast. For those purposes it was perfect. Short walk from the train station, friendly staff person greeted us, she was fluent in English, breakfast was good (hard boiled eggs, choice of cheeses and sliced ham..croissants, yogurts, etc., typical french breakfast, in a good way), the whole place was immaculate, charming old building. We wanted a triple room and they had one. Beds were comfy, slept very well, room was very quiet, area was quiet outside. I would stay there again. We could only find one outlet to charge our phones, but not a problem. The room was no-frills, but we didn't need frills. We walked to the waterfront at dusk and came back quite late (about 11) and we didn't feel unsafe. By the way, the waterfront has some spectacular buildings that are not to be missed. And there is a charming old cobblestone section to the city, also, with a lot of restaurants. We picked up a rental car in the morning, drove it to the hotel, loaded it up, and checked out, which worked out fine.

Room Tip: I don't remember the room number, but it was a triple, 2nd floor, I think. Small room but fine...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It is only two or three minutes from the railway station. Our room was neat and clean, the reception was efficient and the breakfast was O.K.
We can recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our stay in this hotel was one of those forgettable experiences. The hotel was located near the train station, seemed safe but my husband and I were not so comfortable walking around in the area where the hotel was located. The secure parking lot was located a block away underneath an apartment building and we had a hard time finding the exit to the street after we parked the car. We had to climb 3 flights of stairs (very narrow and steep) and when we arrived in our room, I could smell the smoke right away (we requested a non-smoking room). We requested for another room and our requested was accomodated one floor down. The staff was not very helpful in giving directions on where the closest restaurant was. We were not even aware that the train station and restaurants were just 2 blocks away. That night, we ate leftover sandwiches for dinner for fear of venturing out of the hotel into the unknown, especially when we weren't feeling comfortable in that area. The room had enough room to move around and we had a good night sleep. It was just one "run of the mill" hotel to spend one night on our way to Northern Spain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were turning in a rent car and taking the train out the next day. It fit the bill nicely. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They have no elevator and we were on the third floor but staff helped me my bags. Decor is interesting, makes me think of Morocco. Room was comfortable but shows signs of wear. Headboard on bed reminded me of a candle altar at a Catholic church. Handy to the tram for moving around Bordeaux. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: lower floor, no elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed in Room 2 on the first floor. I SO enjoyed the decor in the hotel, both in the lobby and in my room. I'm not a connoisseur of decor, but there was beautiful use of shape, form, and lots of sparkling white, with black and grey and then occasional splashes of color. It isn't luxury, but was sparkling clean. The price was excellent, the breakfast was delicious and again beautifully served. The staff was SO helpful, making calls for me in my quest to find a vegetarian restaurant, pouring over the map with me, helping me find a second-hand store to find a place to buy a coat since I was woefully unprepared for the cold weather. The hotel is conveniently located close to the train station, and thus, conveniently located close to the tram which could quickly take me down to the central city to restaurants, wonderful and extensive pedestrian streets and tourist sites. The price was excellent, too. The whole hotel is non-smoking! The hotel seemed to be popular with French travelers. Perhaps the Americans haven't found it yet. My only wish is that I could find a hotel like this in Paris!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
AQUITAINHOTEL, Directeur général at Aquitain Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing AQUITAIN HOTEL on your visit to bordeaux. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay.

We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Aquitain Hotel.

Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Bordeaux.

Sincerly,

Been to Aquitain Hotel? Share your experiences!