“Amazing breakfast in a beautiful house” 5 of 5 stars

La Halte Montaigne
27 Rue Pelleport, 33800 Bordeaux, France   |
Ranked #1 of 78 Bordeaux B&B and Inns
London
“Amazing breakfast in a beautiful house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

A prime example of how first impressions can be deceiving! Do not be put off by the main entrance because what is behind is a wonderful calm and peaceful oasis. This B&B is beautifully furnished and very clean. Our bedroom was amazing, big and comfy. Therese was really friendly and helpful and clearly takes pride in her home. She was really keen to make sure we had everything we needed and ensured we got breakfast in time to catch the coach to the airport

It is a nice touch that you have use of a fridge and a small kitchen to make tea/coffee if required and other drinks are available.

The breakfast is wonderful especially the freshly squeezed orange juice! We had cheese, meats, fruit, yogurt, bread etc - we didn't go hungry!

It is also well located being less than 10 minutes from the train station, it is a bit further in to town but we walked it no problems. If you would rather get the tram this is by the station.

Bordeaux is an amazing city, very beautiful with fantastic restaurants and this was the perfect place from which to explore it. When we come back to Bordeaux - which we will, this will be where we will stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

What an amazing B&B. The rooms are fantastic . The hosts make you feel very welcome. They are helpful at giving advise on places to visit. The location is great you can get the trains into the city centre or walk. You have a great breakfast in the morning. It's nice that you have use of a fridge and a small kitchen to make tea/coffee if required.

The only downside is road noise. The accommodation is located on a busy road. At night you do hear road noise and people returning home after a late night. I'm not a light sleeper but this did affect my sleep. It was a bit annoying. It is a shame as this is a beautiful B&B. It is something to take into consideration. this is the only reason I have given four stars instead of five.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon travelling through France. The hotel is a 5 min walk from the main train station and the tram lines. Initially walking to the hotel you are a little unsure what to expect but once you find it and are welcomed you realise how beautiful it is. The rooms are modern, very clean and have tv's and wifi throughout. There is also a lovely courtyard to relax in. There are little treats that add to the service, free ear plugs if you like and some delicious chocolates. The highlight is definitely the breakfast and Philippe and Therese. The breakfast is beautiful and overflowing. Be sure to taste the Cannelles that Therese makes, the smell of home cooking the night before wafts and smells delicious. The centre of town is only a 20 min walk or you can catch a tram which takes 5-10 mins. Both Philippe and Therese are extremely helpful and will point out what to see. If you want a home away from experiencing the real French way of life I would highly recommend here, thanks once again for a wonderful stay.

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

From sending our first query about this charming B and B to checking out, we had no problems at all. Philippe and Therese were fantastic hosts and we really enjoyed our stay. We were in the very spacious le Margaux room, with lovely decoration and a massive bed, with space to read/work and a private bathroom, the room overlooked the back yard, which will be lovely to it outside in the summer. There was a kitchen and lounge we could use if we needed to. One of the best bits of staying here were the amazing breakfasts, with juice, coffee, home cooked cakes, omelettes and as much bread, cheese, ham and croissants and fruit as you could eat. Philippe gave us a good introduction to the city and some recommendations of what to see and where to eat. We also had a daily weather forecast and a couple of small treats in the room, which was a lovely touch, as was providing ear plugs (which we didn't need) and cotton wool. The location is very convenient and near to both the main train station and tram stop to take you into the city. We often walked which only took about 20 mins. If I come back to Bordeaux this is where I will stay and would recommend it to anyone.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This Chambre d'Hote is very close to the rail station so an easy 10 minute walk to reach it. The room was spacious with high ceilings, charmingly furnished and just what we needed after a long trip from Paris. A comfortable bed and a good nights sleep are assured here. Breakfast was a real treat with freshly prepared orange juice and crepes - highly recommended!. We only stayed one night as we were en route to the Dordogne but Philippe and Therese are very welcoming and La Halte Montaigne would be an ideal base from which to explore Bordeaux.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this lovely B & B nearly twelve months ago and reminiscing today I realised that I hadn't written a review. I cannot add any more to what everyone else had said on here, just that do yourself a favour and and book your accomodation in Bordeaux at this Bed and Breakfast and in return you will receive wonderful french hospitality bestowed on you by Therese and Phillipe. From the front you wouldn't realise the gem inside. Clean, roomy and bright decorative accomodation close to public transport. We stayed in Les Deux Rives which was very roomy. Warm, friendly and charming hosts (who in my case came to our room in the middle of the night to turn up the air conditioning (as I had hurt my back and was in a bit of shock) Lovely breakfasts and friendly conversation with fellow travellers (in our case some lovely Aussie nurses working in the UK on a weekend jaunt) If I was travelling there again I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am just home from my lovely trip to France, including a three day stay in Bordeaux, and am missing my room and tranquility found at La Halte Montaigne! My sister-in-law and I stayed in the "Margaux" room and the views were fabulous! The accommodations are impeccably kept and beautifully done with a minimalistic yet plush and comfortable style. From Therese and Philippe's warm greetings upon arrival to our lovely and wonderfully laid breakfasts each morning, I eagerly look forward to a return visit soon! I've already told many of my friends and colleagues about Bordeaux's wonderful treasures and of course they MUST stay at La Halte Montaigne!

Merci Beaucoup and until next time!

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had an amazing view and huge windows that opened onto the court yard.