“Hotel sucked but now we have stories to tell” 2 of 5 stars
Review of All Suites Home Bordeaux Lac

You added All Suites Home Bordeaux Lac to your Saves list
All Suites Home Bordeaux Lac
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Du Professeur Georges Jeanneney, 33300 Bordeaux, France (Le Lac 1)   |
Ranked #146 of 175 Hotels in Bordeaux
“Hotel sucked but now we have stories to tell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Don't expect a warm welcome after 9pm. The staff has gone home for the night. Not knowing this, we stayed at a hotel across the street. Luckily they had vacancies. The next day we checked into the hotel and was given my refund for the first night. We get to the room only to find out that there is no a/c so you will have to sleep with the window open if you don't want to suffocate. As I'm taking a shower I notice an infestation of mosquitos on the ceiling and dead mosquitos smashed against the walls. Best shower ever! Time for bed and I have to choose whether to sleep with the window closed and sweat myself to sleep or open it and become a buffet for mosquitos. I opt for the open window since there is also a soothing sound of what SEEMS to be a water stream flowing past my window. Notice I said SEEMS. Come to find out the sewage pipes run right past my room. My soothing sounds turned out to be toilet water and fecal matter flowing so freely under my window. I guess the bright side to it is that there was no smell. Just listening to poop flow past when I'm trying to sleep made for an interesting night. Don't expect there to be any outlets near the beds. Only one in the kitchenette and bathroom. Breakfast was good though!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Winchester, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Useful stop off point for those with a car en route to elsewhere or spending a few days in Bordeaux and the Medoc. The apartment was basic, clean, had utensils for cooking and a dish washer. The bed was comfortable; we took a 4 person unit to enjoy the extra space. The bathroom had the usual facilities including a favourite (in our recent French experience) the shower over the bath with no curtain or shower screen which tends to flood the floor. The staff were pleasant & helpful. It surprised us to find, seemingly, a number of long-term residents & their families. Refreshingly they were all quiet & well behaved.
The one big worry for us was around security. The main entrance gate had been taken off it's hinges thus offering no protection overnight when the staff were absent and our fire escape exit door to outside the building was off it's hinges lying against an internal wall allowing access to anyone who wanted to enter the building & the apartment corridors. Despite our concerns we experienced no problems and enjoyed a peaceful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

After reading previous reviews I aproached this hotel with trepidation.To stay at this hotel you really need a car. It is good for people passing through or staying a couple of nights in Bordeaux. If on foot and coming from the Aeroport first buy a seven day ticket costing £11.30 at the airport. This is good value for using Bordeaux's brilliant inner transport system. I stayed for five days and saved loads of euros bus and tram hopping. Secondly, hop on the No. 1 bus to Quinconces using the ticket. From there take the tram to du Lac, then the number 14 bus which will take you near to the hotel. As soon as you see the dreaded McDonalds to your right, get off at the next stop. Cross over the road before the roundabout and follow the road round to the left until you get to the cross roads. Cross over the road here taking great care as this is not a designated crossing. The hotel is a couple of hundred metres further down the street. It is not nice to be here after darkness although you do have a code to get into the hotel. I could not fault the reception staff who were very helpful and charming and also spoke good English and allow you to practice your French with good humour. The room was basic but very clean. But be warned there is no air conditioning and the rooms are hot. The pulley on the insect screen wasn't working and I had to have the window open resulting in vicious mosquito bites that spoilt my holiday. The window opened out over the bed which proved difficult and the TV was positioned on the wall at the foot of the bed and was a hazard for anyone walking between the wall and the bed. The room just needs rearranging and an insect screen that fits the window should be installed. The breakfast was excellent value at £9.50 including scrambled eggs, toast, croissants, bread buns, museli, fresh fruit, fruit juice, coffee, tea, honey and confiture, and you could take as much as you wanted. With a few adjustments I would have given this hotel an excellent rating. The location spoils it for walkers but for car users it is ideal and I thought it was good value.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the shady side
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

If I could give zero stars I would. I arrived at 9:30ish and was locked out of the hotel. There was a sign on the door telling me to call for my access code, but no telephone. By 10:30 I had begged numerous other guests for help and finally a very nice Dutch man allowed me to use his cell phone and I reached VOICE MAIL. About 20 minutes later I was falling asleep on the lobby floor and the poor Dutch man came back and handed me his phone and said that they wanted me to call them. I finally got the key to my room and was able to go in – no apology of any kind. I hope they apologized to the Dutch man for making him do their job.
The room was fine, but there was no cleaning service. After three days, I took out my own trash and asked for clean towels. I was told, yes, tomorrow. I asked for them ‘today’ and got a lot of attitude from the woman behind the desk.
The power outages were also a treat, especially because of the electronic door locks and the long dark hallways.

Room Tip: If you are arriving late, you will need a cell phone to get into the hotel!! Also, it's hard to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Good things: Helpful staff
Free wifi & parking
Reasonably new rooms
Nearby McDonald/Pizzaria and a Chinese restaurant.

Bad things : Location-If you don't have a car,moving about is difficult.Late night outs will end up in walking 3km as the buses don't go as far as the hotels closest stop (1Km away).I would not advice female solo travelers to do that.
The surroundings-run down area with no proper foot paths.One will struggle with the trolley bags and heavy luggage if they decide to take bus.
Conference centre is 20minute walk or 3 stops away on the bus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Ok first the positive aspects:
the female receptionist,who seemed to be working 24 hours a day, was very nice.
A new (or renewed) McDonalds is close

The negatives:
- You are not able to get to the city without a car (Fourtunately we had one)
- The room was completely untidy
- No air condition
- loud high pitched sounds from the air system, that won't let you sleep
- cigarette burns on the blanket
- the mattress was rather bad

The worst thing was the air system that made you stay awake all night. Since this totally mugs your whole stay up, All Suites Home Bordeaux Lac gets only one point from me. For its price its a total barrack.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Well located, clean. But the beds are not nice. Parking is free. Great for those with a car.

Room Tip: Near the lift.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to All Suites Home Bordeaux Lac? Share your experiences!