“Perfect location, gracious hosts, incredible breakfast table and an awesome stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B Cosy Corner Bordeaux

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bordeaux
B&B Cosy Corner Bordeaux
You added B&B Cosy Corner Bordeaux to your Saves list
241 Cours de la Somme, 33800 Bordeaux, France   |
Ranked #8 of 74 Bordeaux B&B and Inns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We were so fortunate to experience the Mimosa Room and our friend the Ocean Room sharing one beautiful bathroom at this awesome Cosy B and B in Bordeaux. Near the rail station...we took the M9 bus but after that walked everywhere including back to Rail station. Loved loved loved our stay. Thank you Genevieve and Tierry.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

After experiencing some transport issues we arrived in Bordeaux days later than planned in June 2013. However the welcome we received from Thierry and Genevieve was most welcome with Thierry even collecting us from the train station.

The breakfast was lovely looking over a beautiful and relaxing garden. The advice and tips and directions where to go was very useful, and something which you may not receive in a hotel to the same friendly extent.

Genevieve couldn't do enough for you without being too intrusive. I would definitely return to Bordeaux.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited in June 2013 based on amazing reviews on Trip Advisor, TBH if you are travelling without kids then those reviews are almost certainly accurate, however we went with a young toddler (18 months) and it was AWFUL!!

For a start, there are no facilities to feed your child. Food and drink is not allowed in the room and we were made to feel very unwelcome in the kitchen/breakfast room. If your child wakes before breakfast (7:30-8:00) then there's nowhere for him to go apart from your room. We tried using the tiny "living area" but were told off for making too much noise for other guests.

Genevieve was very helpful but you could tell our son was only welcome if he could behave himself (anyone with toddlers knows how easy that is!) this may be a general French attitude, certainly Bordeaux is not a kid friendly destination.

It may be that B&Bs just aren't suitable for toddlers, we had never used one before, but we had emailed and checked specifically and were told it would be ideal whereas it was amassing stress!

So, please go and have a lovely time if you are childless, or have older kids, but if you have toddlers then avoid it at all costs!! Oh and watch our for the very very very slippy stairs,my friend fell down them and was in hospital for 3 days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
louroti, Propriétaire at B&B Cosy Corner Bordeaux, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
In Rome, do as the Romans do,

Thank you for writing that it was the first time you went to a B&B in France, i agree with you : B&B's may not be ideal for toddlers, now i really question that you checked our website thoroughly since it is clearly mentionned that our guests cannot have a meal or a snack there, bedrooms, sitting rooms, of course, but also kitchen, breakfast room or garden.

I'm glad you thought i was very hepful yet can't remember telling you off for making too much noise, rather reminding you that the other guests might appreciate quiet mornings, too.

What i remember, though, is laying the table for 3 in the breakfast room when my husband and i were dining out but your wife and friend chose to stop at the Mac Donald instead and you had a snack in the "tiny living area" as you call it.

I also remember offering to baby-sit so that you could all go to the restaurant nearby but this time your friend stayed and had a healthy snack of chocolate profiteroles in her bedroom.

You are right, our B&B was not the ideal place for you, maybe a flat would have been a better choice but it isn't for me to say, what i know is that we've already had guests with toddlers and they never reviewed or expressed such a negative opinion.

Lastly, it's a shame you only mentionned your friend's 3 days-stay in hospital more than 3 months after she fell in the stairs, for we have a specific insurance for that kind of accident.

Anyway, thank you for giving your point of view on our B&B, it will induce prospective guests with toddlers to read and double read our website before avoiding at all costs an over-priced, uncomfortable, unwelcoming, stressing, petty, dreadful and awful experience to quote your words and marking.

Regards,

Genevieve
B&B Cosy Corner Bordeaux
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our stay at the Cosy Corner. The location was great, close to the train station and the city centre. The rooms were spacious, clean and nicely decorated. But the real surprise was our hosts, Genevieve and Thierry. They were absolutely lovely. Genevieve is a former English teacher and she went out of her way to get to know us and make us feel comfortable. Not only did she offer advice on what to see and do in the city, but she even helped us plan our trip to Arcachon, which is much more than we expected. I'm going to miss Bordeaux, particularly the time spent sitting in Genevieve's beautiful garden eating cheese and drinking very, very good wine.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our hosts Genevieve and Thierry were wonderful and gave us lots of tips on navigating Bordeaux. The B&B is about a 15 minute walk from the town centre and is situated in a quiet location. Our room was very comfortable and we had great breakfasts overlooking a garden setting --cereal, croissants, a variety of breads, exquisite homemade jams, juices and tea/coffee. Thierry even drove us to the station after helping with our luggage. Merci Louise & Phil

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful trip again to France.

The highlight of my trip was my stay at Cosy Corner in Bordeaux.

I have now to very special French Friends Genevieve and Thierry.

All I can say is my stay was perfect. My room was on the top floor

my suitcase was very heavy and Thierry kindly carried it up and down

a very step staircase both for my arrival and departure. My room was

spotless and colourful with Genevieve's very creative flair. I spent 5 nights

6 days and I left with a heavy heart. I am so grateful for all the special breakfast

items as I am a gluten free vegan. should you be going to stay in Bordeaux do not

hesitate book and stay with these lovely people. Try speaking French even if you only

know a few words. This was the best French lesson I have had. I will be back I promise

Sincere thanks to Genevieve and Thierry pensees et bisous merci beaucoup Maree

Room Tip: Take a light suitcase if you have the top floor !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed our stay.

Our host Genevieve was lovely, informative and spoke excellent English.

Our room was very colourful and the bed, blanket and pillows were extremely comfortable. We had terrible weather during our stay but the comfort of our room made staying inside very pleasant.

Breakfast was also nice with cereal, homemade jams, fresh bread, tea and juice.

The B&B is also an easy walk from the train station

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to B&B Cosy Corner Bordeaux? Share your experiences!