“They try to do something different...” 2 of 5 stars

03 88 29 57 30
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
L'Hacienda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 1,056 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“They try to do something different...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The restaurant was really close to our hotel, so we decided to go there for having dinner. The waitress was really kind and she was helping us with the menu. The restaurant is not serving what you can say typical food from the region. We were not really hungry so we just ordered some starters to share. The "tapas' dish" was not so nice as expected, the cecina was dry and the "foie" not as good as other ones that we have tasted. We also ordered a tomato tiramisu, which was not bad but quite heavy due to the big amount of 'mascarpone' cheese. We also had a tuna tataki which they prepare with a lot of sesame so at the end you don't taste the tuna but the sesame. Not always trying to be different is good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Portland, OR
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I asked the hosts at our Chambre d'hôtel for a restaurant recommendation and this is where they sent us. Oh my goodness, it was fantastic! I only wish we had been hungrier so we really could have taken advantage of the fabulous food. I had scallops that were excellent; my husband had mushroom risotto. We split a dessert of tiramisu that was also great.

I would highly recommend this restaurant! One of the best, if not THE best, meal we had on our 3 week trip to Europe.

• Visited October 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“excellent food & wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am happy when I find food as excellent as I did yesterday dining at L'Hacienda bistrot. But more so when the wine also matches the quality of the food and comes from an open bottle sold by the glas - a very light coloured rosé from Chateau Fontvert. The service was very nice. The kitchen open until 10.30pm!I will surely come back.
leonor

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hanau
“Nice little restaurant with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had dinner there with friends and choose the degustation menue. The food was excellent, with nice tastes. The kitchen is European fusion at its best. Good flavours, bold combinations. The main course was just too big, beef done 4 different ways with lots of sides. And the dessert again was a selection of different foods in small glasses. We could not decide which of the desserts we liked best.
It is a bit out of the way, but well worth the drive. A taxi from central Straßbourg costs about 18 €.

Food is not cheap, but well worth the money.

• Visited July 2012
Munich, Germany
“one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

jai un restaurant in chiang mai thailand, dada kafe. every year i go to strasbourg bordeaux and lyon in france. l hacienda in strasbourg is one of my favoutie places in in france. i have been tonight and i am happy now. will see again next year.they ask 300 caracteres so i will go on.
We are for people three adults one 14 year old boy. my wife eat rognon de veau my son lamb
rack his son chef burger and for myself handmade tartar. everybody got the wine for his meal
now i will look if i have 300 caracteres so i can go sleep.

• Visited May 2012