“Best Crepes I've ever Had!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best Crepes I've ever Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This an adorable creperie that is off of the bustling tourist district - and just a easy 10 minute walk from the center of town and well worth it! We had both a savory and sweet crepe and they were absolutely fantastic! I had the Strasbourgese crepe with sausages, emmenthal, egg, and tomato and the creamy cheese with the salty sausage and savory egg were such a nice blend of flavors. The dessert crepe was absolutely incredible - apple tartin with honey, almonds, and flambeed calvados - plus, I had asked for a scoop of caramel ice cream as well, which made my tastebuds tingle.

The inside of this restaurant is really cozy and has a relaxing feel, with a bit of a nautical theme. I felt like I was at a a french beachside on holiday, rather than having dinner after a long work day.

• Visited January 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful food, warm owners, great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a happy melding of inventive and delicious crepes, a comfortable dining area, very good service by one of the owners, and excellent value. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013
“A lovely crêperie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely crêperie, well located in the centre of Strasbourg. The service was excellent and the crêpes delicious with a great variety of choice. Being from Britanny, I simply regret that the "galettes" (salty crêpes) did not contain more buckwheat flour, but therefore they had their own character!

Visited October 2013
Strasbourg, France
“Good choice for a crêpe around Petite France, bonus: open Sunday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We usually head to La Plouzinette when I'm in the mood for a crêpe, but I saw this place one day while wandering around the city and we finally gave it a shot. The service was good and very friendly and attentive, and our food was good, I'd say the crêpes are freshly made and with good ingredients, as usual they are a little salty (standard for my taste I think). We arrived too early (~19h / 7 pm) so it was a bit empty, but starts filling up around 20h.

The cidre is brut is good, and only 5 € for a demi pitchet (50 cl), and the food was good. The atmosphere is fine, I do have to admit I like the feel of the other place which is filled with sea themed decorations and the menus are taped into Rin Tin Tin books. My favorite part of the meal here was the caramel ice cream crêpe smothered in salted butter caramel sauce and garnished with whipped cream.

It's only 5 - 9 € for a yummy crêpe and 3 extra for a side salad, our whole meal was 34 €, overall a good night. It's not the cheesy traditional crepe themed place, the service was good and so was the food. The dining room is small, but we went on a Saturday night and only two tables were reserved so you'll probably be okay to drop in if its before 20 h.

Good to know that this place is open on Sundays, the only day it is closed is Monday. Saturday hours were from 6:30 pm until 11 pm I believe, just fyi.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ajax, Canada
“The best meal I ate in France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stumbled upon this place while walking towards Petite France. The place is small but very clean and has oodles of charm.

They had English menu's that really helped us. Despite this I ordered the wrong thing on the menu. I thought I had ordered a cheese and onion crepe but accidentally ordered one with egg, ham, onion and cheese. When it came I explained that I was vegetarian and couldn't eat the one I ordered. Rather than getting mad the waitress apologized and made me a crepe with emmental cheese and white wine cooked onion. The crepe tasted like amazing French onion soup. My travel companions and I also each had green salads and we all thought they were really good. We each had a different dessert crepe, I ordered a coconut one, one person had mint chocolate and the other raspberries in whip cream. After sampling each others we all had a hard time deciding which was the best because they were all outstanding.

To top things off when the bill came they didn't even charge me for the crepe I had mistakenly ordered despite the fact that I told the lady I would.

All in all this was the best meal I had in over three weeks touring Europe.

• Visited August 2013