“Friendly and cozy hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de l'Orangerie

Hotel de l'Orangerie
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Strasbourg
Hotel de l'Orangerie
58, allee de la Robertsau, 67000 Strasbourg, France   |
Ranked #78 of 131 hotels in Strasbourg
Lima, Peru
“Friendly and cozy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had a single room at the back of the hotel. Double glass windows, LCD TV sets, tidy clean, a LOT of hot water to shower and shave. Quiet and comfortable.
Breakfast is a croissant, a small baguette type bread and a chocolate boulange sided with butter, marmalade and emmenthal cheese. Your choice: tea, coffee (which can be café au lait) or chocolate (which I recommend).

Always showed friendly, took note of the phone calls I received when absent and aware of every requirement. If I made back to Strasbourg I will book again with them. I made a reservation and they billed me as expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Grenoble, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed there two years ago and again this July. We had a family room for four as we travel with our 18 and 19 year old children.

The rooms are old fashioned and sparse but spacious and cosy. The bathroom is a little dark and there is no shower curtain which leaves us with a completely wet place after everyone has showered!

Breakfast is much too expensive at € 9/person for some bread, a croissant, a 'pain au chocolat' and weak coffee...

We were also bothered by the night receptionist who tried to send us to a specific restaurant. We said we planned to go to another place, he told us we needed a reservation as it is always full, as we refused, he told us to make sure to let them know he sent us... it felt like Marrakesh! Needless to say the restaurant was half empty, we enjoyed a fine dinner and made a point of not mentionning the guy!

Last little annoying point, the room rate is not the same on the website, on the door and at the reception - we were billed € 2/night more, when we mentionned this little difference in price, the receptionist was arrogant about it!

We will probably not return a third time....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have stayed at this small and comfortable hotel twice recently during business trips. I really like the place and will return again. Staff are friendly and helpful - and important for a single traveller, it feels very safe and welcoming.

The hotel is conveniently located for the European Institutions but only 15 minute walk into the centre of town. Two of the 3 rooms I have stayed in have been really comfortable and good value for money. The other room faced onto the road at the front and had too muich traffic noise for me. .

Breakfast is pleasant enough but pretty ordinary and expensive at 9 Euros a shout.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one at the back o
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Alsace
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

At 75 euros a night The Hotel de l'Orangerie is extremely over priced. I was quoted 65 euros on the telephone and this would also have been too expensive. Billed as a 3 star hotel, I have stayed in 1 star hotels in Eastern Europe that would disgrace this place. The furniture in the room was tatty with handles missing from cupboards. The shower over the bath has no bracket for mounting the shower head so to shower you have to hold it in your hand. There is no shower curtain so the floor ends up soaking wet. I went out in the evening and on my return had to ring the bell to be let back in - no problem with this, except I was left standing on the door step for nearly an hour before anyone answered! I received no apology. The following day I attempted to negotiate a 10 Euro discount when I checked out to bring the price down to that, that I had originally been quoted. The receptionist refused and the manager was not available to discuss the matter with him. The receptionist also refused to give me his name.

I will never use this hotel again, which is a shame as it is well located and I would have become a regular guest.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel de l'Orangerie? Share your experiences!