“Oui Oui- a GEM!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ETC Hotel

You added ETC Hotel to your Saves list
ETC Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 rue de la chaine, 67000 Strasbourg, France (Petite France Nord Est)   |
Ranked #73 of 128 Hotels in Strasbourg
world wanderer
“Oui Oui- a GEM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The ETC Hotel was an unexpected gem that we found in Strasbourg! We had been staying at a chain hotel when visiting Strasbourg overnight, but I needed wifi for work and was tired of paying an extra 20 Euro/ day for it. The location was right in the middle of everything, easy walking everywhere- even for my mother in her 70's with a bad knee. The staff was very helpful from the front desk to the manager who fixed a problem with our bathroom sink within 5 minutes of calling about it.

This is not a complaint- just a planning point. The rooms are "small" according to some travelers but this is Europe and a wonderful quaint hotel in the middle of an OLD city! If you have a lot of luggage or need a king size bed for two, just call and request one of the rooms with a double and twin bed in it, they are a little larger. The beds were very comfortable, not as hard as some European hotel beds can be. The windows open for fresh air, or to hear the church bells and birds! When the window was closed, it was very quiet and I had a delicious long sleep.

The wifi worked beautifully throughout the hotel and we thought the breakfast was more than adequate! Beautiful rolls, ham, camembert, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, milk, coffee any way you like, tea, hot chocolate, hard boiled eggs... we were stuffed!

We will definitely stay at this hotel again and will recommend to friends (already have!)

Enjoy!

p.s. Parking was close and easy at the Gutenberg Parking Garage near the cathedral- 20 Euro for 24 hours.

Room Tip: If you need a little more space, request a room with a double and single bed.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We (3 people in one room and 17 in other ones) stayed for 2 nights at the ETC Hôtel and were pleasently surprised by the modern and clean rooms. For a hotel including breakfast it was absolutely perfect and altogether not too expensive.
The location is great and the tram is basically directly in front of the hotel door.
Only thing that wasn't all too good was the stink in our room. We were in 002 and it was the only one of the rooms that had this strange smell (I know this because we were traveling in a larger group). I can really recommend 111 for 2 people (btw).
I'll definitely be going to the ETC Hôtel again when I visit Strasbourg.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just returned from four days and three nights in Strasbourg, France. At the last minute my wife and I (with friends) decided to visit Strasbourg. We had a real difficult time finding an available hotel. We finally found the ETC Hotel. I read the reviews (the good AND the bad). The bad reviews scared me a little but there were, I think, four very bad reviews. They mentioned bed bugs and one complained about the breakfast. Well, our experience was nothing like these reviews, The rooms were extremely clean and the linens were fresh and spotless. The breakfast was a typical French breakfast; couissant, petite pain au chocolate, baguette, great coffee out of automated fancy espresso machine, fresh cut fruit, brie cheese, ham and salami (as much as you could eat for 8 Euros). Utterly fantastic. I love this hotel and when we return to Strasbourg again we will be staying at this hotel. Oh, did I mention the price was very reasonable too. The staff was very friendly and very helpful in helping us find restaurants to eat dinner in and in suggesting some of the sights to visit. And the ETC is centrally located in the City Center.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with this small boutique hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Really a good value and a super super location.
If you just look at the exterior... you won't enter however people from the hotel were nice and helpfull.
Rooms are pretty small and the decoration is average, breakfast is maybe not the best however, this is a nice stay and I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: ask for the room 007 for a little more space...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Don't let the exterior of building put you off, for a budget hotel, the interior was a very pleasant surprise. The hotel has been renovated and is clean, modern and stylishly decorated. My room had a separate toilet and bathroom and was quite spacious. Breakfast is available for 9 euro & is typical french fare - bread, cheese, jam, croissant, ham, fruit, coffee etc...Great location and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in May. This is a simple French hotel--that means rooms are small, there is no elevator, and there are winding stairs! Overall, I liked this hotel. The hotel is located in the heart of the city center (that's the beautiful part of Strasbourg) and only minutes away from the cathedral and other tourist attractions. If you want a quiet, clean, and affordable place to stay while in Strasbourg, then i recommend ETC.

The weather cool to cold when I was there and an AC was not needed. Always bring an umbrella if visiting Strasbourg during spring/summer months. It rained everyday while I was there (light drizzles), but it's not enough to keep people inside.

If you are American like me and want to eat bacon and eggs for breakfast--forget it! Typical French breakfast is going to be coffee and some type of pastry/bread. There is breakfast at the hotel, but it's going to be a cold breakfast (sorry, no bacon and eggs). You can get more for your money by having breakfast outside the hotel. You could also get some quiche and coffee at a local bakery if you must have something hot to eat.

Room Tip: If you don't want to deal with a lot of stairs, then ask for a room on the 1st floor. Floors sta...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nyons, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I made my reservation, I said I would be arriving close to midnight and would need to leave at 8 AM on my way to Germany--would this be a problem? Of course not, I was assured, don't worry even if you are very late. My train pulled in at the Strasbourg railway station at close to 11:30 PM, I hopped on the tram and was at the hotel, which is near the famous Cathedral, in under 15 minutes. The outside was a little cheesy and my heart sank. The inside couldn't have been nicer and the staff was friendly
and welcoming, definitely needed after a long and arduous trip. I was taken immediately to my room on the first floor. (Be warned, there is no elevator for higher floors.) The room was comfortable and the Queen-sized bed a dream. The bathroom modern and spacious. Most important, the room was perhaps the quietest hotel room I have ever stayed in. TV and wi-fi are free and when I had trouble setting up the wi-fi, the desk clerk came to my room immediately to resolve the problem. The following morning, I didn't want the full breakfast (an additional fee) and asked if I could simply buy a cup of coffee. No problem--drink however much coffee you want--there won't be a charge. The crowd appeared to be mostly young, hip business travelers, but at 7:30 AM, they may have been the only ones downstairs for breakfast. Once I reached my destination, I realized in my rush, I had left my pajamas in my room. Despite a warning saying the hotel would not take responsibility for articles left behind, they mailed them COD to my hometown for me to receive upon my return. The price, by the way, was perfect. 55€ on a special deal.

Room Tip: choose a room on the lowest floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to ETC Hotel? Share your experiences!