“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

Friendly and fast service, but that's not enough. I ordered a smoked hering, and what they brought me was spiced hering from the glass or tin can. No excuses, no "We are sorry, but we can't cook you that tonight". Food was delicious though.

“Not as good as people said.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

First talk about the service. Maybe we are young asians and not familiar with French, they don't have much patience on explaining the menu for us. This made us quite disappointed. The service was not as good as others mentioned.

Back to the food. Well, it's nice to have half portion choice for the appetizers, however we both thought the size is still too much. We ordered foie gras with truffle jelly and snails with tomato paste. I think the foie gras was too much that I could hardly taste the decent of food. Yet I like the snails. Nicely cooked,portion is good and the taste is good, but not surprising.

For main course, I have ordered lobster and my husband ordered roasted pigeon. The presentation was not bad but still too big.

Lobster is a big disappointment. The lobster itself is very nice, fresh and the texture is good. However,I think cheese and spinach sauce didn't match with lobster at all. There are some thai herbs under the lobster, which could make the flavour even better but at the end, it seems ruined the dish. The ravioli was good, even better than the taste of main course. I think it's a waste.

The roasted pigeon was very nice. The meat was well cooked but not over,the ravioli was special too.

At the end, we have ordered the famous souffle and it was perfect! A nice waiter suggested me to pour little wine into the souffle and it really tastes excellent! This is the best souffle I have ever tried.

Overall, I don't think this worths a michelin star. There is still far way to go.

• Visited January 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
“Expensive for a Family of Seven, but Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

Michelin rated and located in the Bristol Hotel. After arriving Colmar much later than we expected and in the pouring rain, we opted to have dinner here. It was expensive but worth it. Our favorite entrees were the Chateaubriand and the Pork Knuckle. The potato salad is a must. Any of the desserts we had was lovely ! There are cheaper places to dine, but the food may not be as good.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zevergem, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
“Parfait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Great meal, top quality, top service , great wines. Thanks to a perfect service we enjoyed every minute of it.

Visited November 2014
tokyo
“some table are noisy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Located in Grand Hotel Bristol, just in front of Gare de Colmar. It has own entrance where we can enter directly. Interior are chic and gorgeous. Ordered asuparagus soup half portion, young pegion for main with dry-reisling and Crosez-Hermitage bby the glass. Taste, presentation was excellent, especially the source.
Our table was near the partition which is the border o the restaurant and its brasserie. After 8 PM, noise came through the partition. It's the Michlin 1-star resturant, so I was disappointed a bit.

Visited June 2014