“Tasty food at a reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #499 of 1,764 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Danish, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Sheffield UK
“Tasty food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good service and great food and drink. I had a Thai chicken salad and my husband had a burger, plus tea and coffee came to £22.00

Visited February 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Busy, but great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's a busy place, so getting served can take some time, but the cocktails are lovely and the staff work really hard to keep the place clean. Quite pricey but worth it, especially when you consider the fab location.

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing second visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I came across this restaurant last year and was so impressed with the food and service that I emailed the manager to say as much.

This time, however, I was extremely disappointed. I walked in and was not noticed for quite a while. When I was offered a table I was asked if I'd like a drink before I had even removed my coat and sat down! Having only been here twice, I hadn't remembered the menu! So I declined for the moment whilst I took some more time.
A good fifteen minutes later, a girl who seemed to be on her break noticed I was not being attended to and came over and I ordered both food and a drink with her.

I ordered from the set menu which was quite reasonable. However, the food was a let down. My potatoes on my main course were not cooked through and didn't taste all that great. After my main course, I was not given the set menu to order a third course despite it saying "3 courses for £12!)

I found the service to be in quite a disarray. It was obviously their meal time as there was a constant change! At one point, the chef delivered food to a table as he had seemingly waited too long for a server to attend to the food. However, I would have thought that with the number of customers dining at that point, there would have been a steady staffing level. This was not so. However, the person that took over serving me - a lack girl who's name I didn't get - she was very friendly and warm. It almost made up for poor service!

Not one to complain, I paid my bill - included a gratuity - and left. And sadly, this second impression of KRO will be a lasting one. I won't dine there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Kro looks more expensive than it is, but its prices are very reasonable. A pleasant atmosphere in which to eat, certainly a place for friends and couples to meet up and have a meal. Food was excellent and served fairly quickly too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Decent grub at not to costly prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Have been to eat here a few times, last time was new years day and it was pretty much the only place open doing food and the place was packed! Had hot sandwhiches all round and finished off with yummy desserts. The selection box cheesecake was soooo good! As it was so busy it was a 45 min wait but we got free drinks thrown in because of it so didnt mind to much. Couldnt fault the waiter who was doing his best bless him.

• Visited January 2013