“Meal for one” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Meal for one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The first thing you notice as you walk in is how big the place is.....but in a good way. There is a modern decor and I was quickly greeted at the front door.

Service through out was ....ok but not great. It was speedy, accurate but impersonal and my waiter kept changing.

The food was very nice for an inner city Indian meal....but not the best I've had. Food was hot, freshly cooked and priced reasonably for Manchester centre. My curry was a little over spiced and the flavour was slightly flat and lacking in depth. The rice and naan were very tasty and my only complaint would be that the garlic naan had way too much garlic on, but overall I would give the food 4/5.

I would certainly eat here again.

Coventry
“Good night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I recently visited on a Saturday night. The food was good - the jalali was very hot! - the lager cold and the service excellent. Only gripe I had was the fact a service charge of 10% was added to the bill. Whilst on this occasion I didn't mind paying it, I generally do not like to be told how much to tip - especially as this restaurant is not the cheapest around. Overall though a nice evening out.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service again this was about the 8th we have been to Swadesh foods spot on each time service is good it's the only one thing you need to look out for is the service change on the bill so don't tip at the table

Visited August 2014
Grenoble, France
“Good food, good service, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went for the lunch buffet but it was closed so we went back in the evening for the happy hour (5pm-7pm, 3- course meal for £10.90) which proved to be great value.
Service is efficient and discrete and the decor is attractive.
The food is excellent, I had lamb sheek kebab which was a bit spicier that I expected-made a change from some of the bland things you often get served up- followed by the Swadesh special lamb which was quite simply delicious.
This restaurant will definitely be on our list next time we are in Manchester.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Reviewing it again - must read !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

After being staunch supporter of their food especially lunch buffet at affordable price, I had a office dinner there recently.

I have fair knowledge of indian food both cooking/eating wise, so ordered safe dish - spinach chicken. That was average as it wasn't blended proprely but good on the side it did not had oily layer or too many spices just for the heck of spice.
However, all of my teammates who had lamb have been sick this morning and is not down to anything else as we all had same rice, naans and beers. And later on I figured out if you google about hygiene rating, agency have given them 0 out of 5. I am not joking, you can figure out other complaints where cockroach was found in the curry. Believe me or not, I want indian restaurants to flourish being indian, but things not kept to promise and only boasting of nice curtains/furniture deserve their rating/punishment from the authorities.
Can't recommend to go there again sorry about that!

Organisation was mess as first thing you would like anywhere is drinks, we had to wait 40 mins despite management had booking details well in advance by 3 days. They alter on mixed main dishes.

Overall, disappointment even telling them onsite during the event.

• Visited July 2014