“very good.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
manchester
“very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I met a friend in town and we went here for something to eat. The restaurant was quite quiet as it was only about 6 pm. we were offered a choice of tables, and a drinks order taken. They have a main menu or a set menu (£15, however on line it says it is £12 ?). We opted for choices of the main menu, Both had pate and I had chicken rissotto, both plates were very nicely presented and my main, was outstanding. In total I think the bill was £44 including a bottle of wine, which i think is acceptable. The service was friendly and swift, food as mentioned was very good. Would definately recommend and return

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Heckmondwike, United Kingdom
“Decent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went here as everywhere else on Canal was busy and it was a nice meal, I would like to say average but that seemed harsh, the garlic bread with cheese was freshly made and tasty and the same with the lasagne, my partner had the mushroom risotto and that also tasted really nice. Not a bad option if in the village and you fancy Italian although the menu is quite small.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant last night for my work leaving party. When I walked in the tables were split in two, 10 on one side and 10 on the other. When asked about this apparently people request this to happen. We didn't. To be fair the manageress moved us, although it was clear she was not happy. We were given an hour and half to eat our food, fair enough we knew this would be the case. The bar woman however, was 'up-selling' wine to bottles from glasses. Great until we had to vacate the table to only be able to stand awkwardly by the bar where other people were eating. The food was nothing to shout about and I was unable to have a dessert due to my dietary requirements, yet they still charged me for one! We spent a lot of money as a group and would have expected more! The waitress was excellent, the manageress not so. To summarise, an awkward meal left feeling as though we were a hindrance! NB the table was not a last minute booking - booked almost a month in advance!

Manchester
“friendly staff, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Came here on the recommendation of Eden across the road as they were full. Great food and excellent dining for low prices. I went for the pasta, very tasty. Everyone was happy with their choices. Great views over the canal. Staff very friendly.

Manchester
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Always lovely food which is a decent price. Nice atmosphere, would defo recommend, in fact going again in a couple of week.