“Excellent food, service & price!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 1,757 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Croma's lively and welcoming restaurants in Manchester, Chorlton, Prestwich, Tunbridge Wells and Loughborough serve traditional and innovative Italian pizzas, using the finest ingredients from the best suppliers. We're proud of our independence and we're passionate about offering lovely food and drink in a stylish setting – and all for a great price.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service & price!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went here on a Friday evening with my wife and and another couple. We couldn't book and arrived about 8pm and were advised that we could wait in the bar and we would have a table in about 20 minutes. We actually only had to wait about 10 minutes. We had two mixed sharing plates to start which included really generous portions of rosemary bread, which was delicious (and I'm really fussy about the quality of bread!). We all had pizzas, 2 bottle of house read wine (really nice) and coffee......all for less than £85 for the four of us. All the staff that we came into contact with were really pleasant and seemed happy to be working there and didn't call us "guys" - another one of my pet annoyances!!! This has got to be one of the best quality and value pizza restaurants in Manchester. I would really recommend it to anyone wanting to eat in Manchester centre.

• Turkish first
Potton, United Kingdom
“Above average in every regard!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We managed to get in straight away without reserving (they only take reservations for larger groups) on a Friday night in time to qualify for their excellent 'Early Bird' offer.

My wife and I both had a garlic bread to start with, which reminded me of the ones they do in M&S (and I mean that as a compliment!), followed by a Garstang Blue & Goat's Cheese Pizza for my wife and a Chicken Piri Piri Pizza for me. I'm always a bit dubious about chicken on a pizza (I've rarely had one that doesn't feel as though it's out of place on a pizza somehow) but this was a decent effort and it wasn't overly large in size either. This was accompanied by a glass of strawberry juice, which helped to quell ever so slightly the heat of the jalapeños and was certainly a different drink to the normal fare you get in a restaurant.

My wife was very complimentary about her main and dessert, which was a tiramisu (as ever!). I had a lemon tart with ice cream, which was decent enough. We then had coffee and hot chocolate after that to kill some time before another engagement that evening and again, they were of a good standard.

The real fun and games came when we asked for the bill from our slightly surly waiter (I think he was just very busy) and it seemed as though we had been undercharged massively. My wife pointed this out to him and he went through it with her several times and was adamant that this wasn't the case, so it ended up being the cheapest three course meal we've probably ever had out!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Meirionnydd
“Always look forward to returning --- have been for 8 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Been coming here for years, consistantly very very good. Great staff who are always very pleasant, knowledgeable and always so welcoming. Excellent prices that really won't break the bank and these include bar prices too, all this together with really good surroundings and music. Go now, check out the specials, and leave space for triffle ! Many thanks to all who who work there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Unusual but delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Arranged to meet for a catch up with family and my mum found this place on TA. Menu looked unusual so thought we'd give it a go. We definitely weren't disappointed. All the food was delicious and tasted really fresh. You can tell they make the pizza dough themselves. Try the salmon and spinach lasagne...amazing!! All in all we had a great night - gorgeous food, great wine and good service from a lovely attentive waitress. Will definitely return!

Leigh
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

As we hadn't booked we expected to wait, was told half an hour but more like 20 minutes.
Was greeted by friendly staff at the door with the bar and rest of staff being as courteous.
Food was delicious and excellent value for money. Nice selection of cocktails if quite limited.
Looking forward to going back.