“Great Service and Beef” 5 of 5 stars

0161 833 4333
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaucho Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 1,764 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Argentinean, Latin, South American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Service and Beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Excellent friendly service, with the staff taking time to example the different cuts of meat with recommendations on how it should be cooked.

A bit odd but black pudding and prawns as a starter is brilliant and I don't like black pudding.

A definite return visit is required next time I'm in Manchester

Visited July 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited for my son's 21st birthday. The service was attentive and speedy but we did not feel rushed. We were shown various cuts of meat and advised which would be best for medium/rare cooking. The steaks were excellent and the side orders very tasty. It is not cheap and so, for us, it is a special occasion restaurant but well worth it for a celebration.

“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Went there for my brothers birthday, but have been before. As good as the first time. Excellent food, very good service, nice atmosphere. Pricey, but worth it. Will definitely book in again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“chateaubriand champion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went here for a birthday meal with my partner after checking on tripadvisor for the most highly rated steakhouse in Manchester. We made reservations through toptable for Saturday evening in advance, which was confirmed by the restaurant on Saturday afternoon. Upon arrival, the restaurants reception was very modern and sophisticated, with an elegantly designed and spacious bar/waiting area. We were shown to our table straight away, a semi-booth on the middle level with a great view of the restaurant and open plan kitchen.

The waitress promptly took drink orders. The wine list was extensive, but on this occasion we decided to stick to beer/soft drinks instead. I was unaware that they did cocktails at the time. I tried both the wheat beer and the lager, the latter of which was not very cold. A board was brought around showing the different cuts of steak. Their menu was updated compared to their most recent one online. I was looking forward to trying some wagyu beef, but this was no longer on the menu. Instead, I opted for a medium/rare chateaubriand for myself (450 g) and my partner had a well done flattened sirloin (300 g) with garlic marinade.

My chateaubriand was gorgeous, very tender and cooked just as requested. However, if two adults were sharing this cut then I would recommend at least 600 g. The chips were good, although not the best I had ever tasted. I was surprised that they were skinny fries rather than chunky chips. The salad was diverse, fresh and came as a generous portion.

After requesting a dessert menu it took about twenty minutes for the waitress to return and take our order, although the restaurant was now getting very busy. We tried the summer desert selection, which was delicious. It consisted of three small but delicious dessert samples: dulce de leche and macadamia cheesecake, chocolate orange cake with ice cream and peach crumble. All were delicious but very rich, so more than enough for two people to share. I would certainly recommend this restaurant if it is within your budget :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was very good. The surroundings were unusual as the building was previously a church. Good choice of dishes if you like steak which I do! To help you choose the waiter comes to the table with the different cuts and weights of steak for you to choose along with advice on how they should be cooked. Quite a modern restaurant with mood lighting which makes it a bit dark for some and music in the background which you don't notice after a while but not so loud you can't hear the others members of your party. Very enjoyable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere