“Underwhelmed & ZERO customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
573 Barlow Moor Rd | Chorlton, Manchester M21 8AE, England (Chorlton)
0161-881 0503
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 1,763 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Chorlton
Manchester
“Underwhelmed & ZERO customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Been here a few times over the years and always forget why we don't go back regularly, until we do it again! We ordered two kebabs (chicken and mixed meat one). It seemed hard work trying to get across that we were gluten intolerant and we had to say no to pita and nan many times. We also had to read the chip packet ourselves in the end. The staff didn't really understand the seriousness of gluten intolerance. The dips were the most tasteless and looked like they had been there a few days, which was confirmed when I got the aubergine starter back, the tomatoes had mould on them! That put us off the rest of the dishes. We went back the next day to show them the food, first they laughed, then tried to defend it, then asked if we wanted a refund and there was no apology, arrogant staff. We wont back back

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“lovely food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

we visited Turkish Delight early evening and managed to get a table without any hassle.We were met by friendly staff,the menu is extensively Turkish with a great veggie selection.A good wine selection also.We had a variety of Kebabs which were all excellent Relaxed atmosphere and professionally run.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“THE ROLLS ROYCE OF TURKISH CUISINE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have visited Turkish delight quite a lot over the years but only recently came to TripAdvisor.
I think I owe my first review to the Restaurant that most satisfies my appetite.

I have almost been through the entire menu at Turkish Delight over the Years (All except the Veg dishes) and NOT ONCE have I ever been disappointed by the Service, Quality, Quantity or Value for Money.
Having read some of the previous reviews about Turkish Delight Yes I agree, they are not the cheapest, but when I get ROLLS ROYCE CUISINE at BMW Prices I say Value for Money! Good cuts of meat cost more and you can taste the difference between Turkish Delight and other establishments, so cannot complain about the prices.

My Wife and I first started to come to Turkish Delight 11 years ago my wife who is a Vegetarian has also over the year been through the Entire Vegetarian selection on the menu and has always praised the freshness and taste.

When we went last weekend we noticed some work happening in the back, I was told they are building a new Kitchen to service the Restaurant, and they are looking at expanding the menu. I cannot wait to get my teeth into whatever else gets introduced.

You deserve to be in the top 10.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best kebabs!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Truly the best kebabs I have ever had!!! Every trip home to Manchester.. two sometimes three visits in a week.... Need to come home soon!!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and not a good choice for vegetarians”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I visited on a quiet weekday evening after work as I'd been meaning to try Turkish Delight for a while. I really wanted to like it as I enjoy Turkish and Mediterranean food, but unfortunately I was just really disappointed (as was my boyfriend).

We are both vegetarians and were quite surprised to discover that the veggie main courses (mostly beans or vegetables in tomato sauce or similar) were £11/£12 each. We went ahead and ordered anyway, as I'd been told how wonderful the food was by other people. When the food was eventually brought out we each had a very small bowl of beans/veg in sauce, a small bowl of salad and a tiny ramekin of rice (served with much aplomb by itself on a plate which had for some reason had patterns drawn on it with balsamic vinegar???). OK, fine, if this had all tasted amazing we wouldn't have minded- but it didn't. It was so bland and plain. I don't know why so much effort had been put into decorating the plate and so little had apparently been put into the food itself.

The service was friendly but maybe a bit over-attentive (as in clearing your glass the second you placed it back on the table and staring at you while you ate), right up until the point where we ordered the bill, when we became the least important people in the restaurant and were ignored for 10 minutes until we asked again.

The bill came to about £27 for two veggie mains, a small coke and a pint of beer. I honestly wish I'd stayed at home and had beans on toast!

(In the interests of fairness, I should mention that the lady on the next table was raving about how delicious the food was so I can only assume the meat dishes are great!)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere