“Care and pride in the food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Care and pride in the food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We came here purely on the basis of the quantity of good reviews here on Tripadvisor. We are seasoned patrons of British curry houses and feel that we can discern the good from the not so good, and this restaurant was excellent. With food clearly prepared with care and pride, and served with professionalism and candour (listening and guiding us with honesty on how spicy we'd want our food to be) I highly recommend this place. Pricing is sensible and, as others have stated, the decor looks worse for wear; but the food and service more than makes up for this in my view.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“The true taste of India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have just come from Mumbai, India as a student at Manchester University. I was looking for an Indian restaurant and was suggested to go to the curry mile. I was so delighted that i stumbled across Punjab.I am a pure Vegetarian and in Manchester i have noticed that theirs not many places that give a wide variety of vegetarian dishes but Punjab has plenty. For starters I had the vegi cutlets and onion bhaji's which were made, served, presented very well. After a little while the main course came which were Paneer Dosa's. These tasted extremely nice and the portion was so big that I couldn't even finish it. It felt like i was at home their and will definitely go back soon. Highly recommended to anybody looking for a truly Indian restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“An exceptionally good evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The decor of the Punjab belies the superb quality of the food. The starter of onion baji and pakoras was light and crisp. Our party had dishes ranging from Chicken koorma to Bombay chicken which were excellent quality and value.
On leaving the restaurant we crossed the road to take a pan(leafy desert) from the nearby specialist shop.
A very pleasant visit to the world famous "curry mile"

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colnbrook, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere but food average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I went with my family in October to visit my son at Manchester uni so was looking for a restaurant we would be able to visit again. We will give it another try but the first one was somewhat disappointing.
Wanted our food very spicy came out bland for our Asian taste buds -portions are also very small and unfortunately the mixed grill we had for a starter was a non stater at just under £10 for 8 pieces of meat. This said the main was a lamb dish and the sauce very good and authentic . Portions again small and these must be improved.
Overall ok once you find parking

Visited October 2013
Burnley
“Authentic Asian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on a Wednesday evening and restaurant was quite busy.

We chose the Mossala Dosa has a starter and thoroughly enjoyed it. We also had saag aloo and a house special curry ( name eludes me ) with rice and breads with cobra beers. £40 in total

Average prices and would highly recommend if your in the area. Staff very pleasant.

Visited October 2013