“Excellent Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here for the first time, after a recommendation from a colleague.
If I wasn't looking for it, I never would have chosen it based on the shop front, but went in anyway.

We shared the mixed grill starter which was delicious.
We both had curries, both were gorgeous!

Service was friendly and efficient, we were given perfect amount of time between courses too.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Unremarkable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My Husband and i ate there tonight on the strength of the trip advisor reviews. I have to say that the interior is scruffy and quite off putting but we thought about the food and didnt let that bother us. However, it didnt live up to the hype of the myriad excellent reviews it has been given on here. The food was pleasant but unremarkable and that's about the best I could say about it. We have many local indian/asian restaurants in huddersfield and the surrounding area and I could pick half a dozen where the food is better than this restaurant but none have such gushing reviews - perhaps people in manchester are used to a lower standard of Indian food so this place seems great, I just cant understand the hype. Go if you must and see for yourself, we did but we wont be going back..

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“nice food, too long to get it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

was in their yesterday, it was pretty empty, but it was quite early.I ordered the popular dish in their masala dosa, you get a big portion and it was very taste.my husband ordered a chicken curry and rice and enjoyed it too, the only complain we had was we waited 40 mins for our food, even though it was empty, so that spoiled for us, But if you want nice south indian food then i would recommed this resturant.

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great meal , service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Good experience!
Been going there for years and thought it was losing its quality but seems to have got it back

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Authentic !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I dined here en route to Copenhagen from Toronto and grudgingly admit that this Indian food was way better than anything I've had at Indian restaurants in Toronto ! I headed straight for "Curry Mile" as I expected top quality Indian food here in soccer crazed Manchester and wanted to try it first hand ! I was not disappointed ! I savoured a Lamb Jahlfrezi and Mehti Paneer along with probably the best naan I have ever had, including on visits to India. The "ambiance" is virtually non-existent but in fact this is almost a hallmark of the good food to come ( as I have come to expect !) so don't let that deter you one bit ! Fairly inexpensive by European standards I am sure but pricey enough by North American. I paid up big time for a very bad wine that was not worth it - I noticed a massive selection of premium beers so you are in luck if you are a beer drinker. Service is slow so allow for that - service was otherwise very friendly and engaging. If in Manchester again I will be back to discover more of Curry Mile because this experience was very impressive.

• Visited August 2013