“Good service but where's the chicken?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Koh Samui Thai Restaurant & Lounge

Koh Samui Thai Restaurant & Lounge
16 Princess Street, Manchester M1 4NB, England (Manchester City Centre)
161 237 9511
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #320 of 1,643 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manchester City Centre
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Good service but where's the chicken?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have visited this restaurant a few times over the years and enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere.
Visited recently on business and was distinctly disappointed. The service was great but the food -main courses in particular - were poor.
I have the Thai Massaman Curry. The whole dish was tasty enough but the was two pieces of battered chicken in the whole dish. The batter was soft and the chicken almost non exisitent.
It was the same for the two people I visited the restuarant with.
If this was my first visit I would have rated it as "terrible". In view of the fact I have eaten here before and been happy with the food I am going to put it down to a one off for now but would think twice about visiting again which is a shame.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food, service and price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We visited this restaurant for my partner's birthday and there was a larger group of us.

The selection of food was great, I am vegetarian and so was another member of our party and as such we ordered different starters and mains and shared them. The food was delicious!

Drinks:

The drinks selection is fairly standard for this type of restaurant, reasonably priced bottles of wine.

Service:

Service was friendly and unimposing.

Atmosphere:

The restaurant was pretty quiet and I imagine the atmosphere would be fairly non-existent if you were on your own or in a couple.

Visited January 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Awful food`”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Having first moved to Manchester i set to look for a nice Thai restaurant, I didn't read a lot of reviews but did a quick internet search and found this one. The restaurant was empty when we arrived which is sign number 1. There was a dank smell in the place which is situated in what can only be described as a celler. I can't remeber what i had i think it was something with oyster sauce, it tasted slightly off. Overall not a good restaurant, if you want good Thai go to Try Thai which is a stones throw from this place.

Visited September 2011
Manchester
“Nice food, attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Really nice selection of food here. The classic starters such as thai fish cakes and chicken satay were well cooked and presented. Perhaps a little stingy on the peanut sauce. We also had chinese five spice ribs - this was very tasty, but unusual as the ribs were slow cooked, and the meat was just falling off the bone, almost like pulled pork.

The mains were good, the hot thick red thai curry was especially great (I had main course envy!). The service from the staff was good, attentive without being intrusive. They were also very flexible about letting me change the time of my table on the day.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath England
“SUPERB FOOD , WINE AT COST !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

The food here , which includes a large vegetarian choice , is cooked to order and divine . On my visit there was an American airline crew , a Thai family and locals too . What is stunning is the short wine list . Some bottles cost less than in a supermarket . If you want to push the boat out Dom Perignon is £99 and Bollinger £39. A stunning Rhone was £16 . The lowest prices I have seen anywhere . And the food is so good too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere