“Alrite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shere Khan

Shere Khan
52 Wilmslow Road, Rusholme, Manchester M14 5TQ, England (Rusholme)
+44 (0)161 256 2624
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Rusholme
“Alrite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Went there for a meal with family it was alrite it's not the best place to eat in because there's more restaurants to choose from. would go there as a couple because im asumming that they will make better food for us not as a group cos its just not all of that they make food quickly

• 3 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Manchester, United Kingdom
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My experience at the shere khan Manchester was wonderful we were seated very promptly, food was delicious and fresh and again after ordering arrived within 15 minutes.
The service was very good as staff were friendly and highly attentive.
I would recommend a meal here any day of the week.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Average food and average service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

above says it all really ! Overall experience was a let down after being promised a great curry night out !

Los Angeles, California
“Great food, wonderful atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

When going out for a proper curry, it can sometimes be difficult to match quality food with great service and a clean, contemporary atmosphere. Shere Khan on Wilmslow Road hits all of these points.

I was travelling through Manchester with a friend of mine who had attended University there. When I recommended we go for a curry, he remembered Shere Khan as his go-to curry restaurant from a couple decades ago... he was pleasantly surprised to see it was still open, and "hadn't been turned into a Tesco" like all of the other landmarks from his youth.

Without having knowledge of its previous operations, I can only speak to what I observed. The restaurant was quite clean, nicely decorated, and the service was excellent.

As for the food, I went for Indian a few times during my trip and Shere Khan was the best of them. The papadom came with freshly made chutnies, and yoghurt. The pickled vegetables were crisp and tart. My garlic naan was the most crisp and delicious I have ever experienced. the Keema naan was soft and chewy with plenty of meat inside of it.

With the curries, I went with a Chicken Vindaloo which was a bit milder than I was expecting, but still delicious. The vegetables still retained a lot of their freshness, even as part of the curry. The chicken was juicy and in abundant supply.

The Chicken Tikka Masala that my friends ordered was very, very spicy, but still had a complex taste.

The next time I'm in Manchester, Shere Khan is definitley a place I will return for a great curry. I recommend a stop if you're near there as well.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“all frillsand no......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I visited the restaurant on wilmslow road, parking is a major problem and some of the side streets dont look to savoury, drove around for what felt like an age, ended up towards the back of the restaurant. when we went back to the car the doors at the back of the restaurant were wide open on we could see someone chopping meat on the floor. The restaurant is one of the more impressive looking on the street but food was nothing specatcular

Visited June 2012