“Great....just not quite the best in the area, would just prefer Grill on the Alley” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Restaurant Bar & Grill

The Restaurant Bar & Grill
14 John Daiton Street, Manchester M2 6JR, England
(0161) 839 1999
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #349 of 1,757 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the city centre, on John Dalton Street near Albert Square, you will find the Restaurant Bar and Grill. As the flagship restaurant of the Individual Restaurant Company, this eatery is striking and contemporary in appearance. Situated on two floors, the restaurant provides the ultimate dining experience, with a stunning suspended staircase leading from the long bar to the large first floor restaurant. Attracting a cosmopolitan mix of diners, The Restaurant Bar and Grill is a popular choice for local business men and women as well as visitors to the city. The efficient and welcoming team, coupled with the exceptional selection of food and the lively atmosphere, make this bar and grill a must for dining.
Cumbria UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

5 of us went on a Friday night, first impressions were of a well run resturant, it was clean and bright. I'd ordered a bottle of champagne at the table & it was there when we arrived, it's the little things. The service was very good, but like everything here, just a little touch off excellent, the food & wine the same. Never the less we had a great evening, I was surprised that it was only about 50% full. The steaks were good, however at 8pm, when we were ordering, they had run out of the chicken cooked under a brick, an order 2 of our party wanted, for a city centre resturant 8pm would not seem late! again it's the little things. Without the champagne it worked out around £50 a head. I would come again, however as I've said in my title....not quite the Grill on the Alley...see a previous review of mine.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester
“Incredible from arrival to departure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked the private dining area for myself and my sales team for a Friday night. Having eaten at the restaurant before, I thought it would be good. I was wrong. It was AMAZING.
From arranging the booking with Cherryl to our arrival - nothing was too much trouble. I hadnt expected that they would display our company logo on arrival, tv screen in the dining room and on our personal menus - great touch.
We were looked after by Stuart and emma Mac who were fabulous. Their service was exceptional and they ensured we never had an empty glass from the moment we arrived. They were fun and friendly and all my team commented on just how great everything was.
I know, given the money we were spending, you would expect it, but in all honesty, it exceeded our expectations and I am now arranging for all our corporate lunches and entertainment to be held there.
Having had corporate dining experiences in other restaurants, none of them have been to this standard! Could not recommend it enough

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
oldham
“lack of service let's it down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Dined here on saturday night with friends. The food was really good and cooked to everyone's liking and really couldn't fault it. However we were sat opposite the doors to the outside terrace and whilst those out there had heaters and blankets those inside didn't so we were constantly blasted with cold air. Once the waiter had taken our order we never saw him again, not even to ask if everything was ok. The waitress never spoke to us,even when clearing the plates and when we were paying. It's the little things like this that let the place down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have been to the Bar and Grill a few times now, mostly in the evening for cocktails! Always have great service and well made cocktails! Last night in particular, me and a friend did wait a long while for an espresso martini to be made due to the business of the terrace bar, we were however apologized to and given complementary drinks due to a break down of the coffee machine. We both felt this was above and beyond and would definitely recommend the bar even more now, due to the kind service. Must dine here soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
manchester
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food was nice - rooftop terrace stunning but service poor - staff very aloof bordering on rude - worst service I have had for a long time :( shame

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere