“Lovely food and good service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Lovely food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Found this after wondering into Chinatown with the intention of looking at trip advisor to find somewhere.
Spotted the restaurant was full of Chinese customers which is always a sign of good food so in i went.
The decor is a bit dated but it was clean. THe service was spot on and the food was quickly prepared and very nice. I had dim sum followed by a dish they made for me that was not on the menu.
Very good. I ill go again if I am back in Manchester

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reading, United Kingdom
“Pretty horrendous”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Can't understand the good reviews of this place (and before I get criticsed about it being proper Chinese I have been to China so am not drawing on take aways for comparison).

Service was fine, restaurant was quite empty for 8pm on a Saturday night. Food was quite disgusting, gelatinous regardless of what it was and lacking any real flavor.

Definitely wouldn't go back. We went as we didn't want to queue for an hour for the Chinese across the road (can't remember the name) but wish we had.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
quiggers
“A Chinese where the Chinese eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars to this restaurant when in town to watch United. Found it by chance,it's not an illuminated palace like some of its neighbours. However food and value for money are top notch. It's a place where the Chinese themselves eat,so that's a clue. I would recommend to anyone in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Great Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

On our way to the theatre, we popped into ChinaTown for some food. We had done no research, so our plan was to find a restaurant that looked relatively busy and take our chances.

First impressions were that the place was a bit dated. Decor certainly needs a good refresh. However, we came for the food, so let's move on to that.

To start, we shared a quarter crispy duck. This was brought to the table and shredded in front of us. Hot towels were also provided for us to clean our hands. The duck was delightfully crispy on the outside and succulent in the middle.

For mains, I had the sizzling fillet steak with black beam sauce. Again, I was not disappointed. The meat was so tender that I could pull it apart with my spoon. Portion size was generous and the sauce complimented it perfectly.

An added bonus was that Tsing Tao was available on tap.

There was also a set menu available that looked like good value but we didn't have time for that.

Finally, the service was warm and attentive.

The only reasons that I didn't give this restaurant 5 stars is that it does look a bit grubby and the food is marginally overpriced I'm my opinion.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Late night dining in central manchester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Due to Manchester being exceptionally busy we were unable to eat before our concert so we found ourselves searching for a restaurant which was open at 11.30pm. It can often be a disappointing experience eating late with staff and kitchens all less motivated than normal ddining hours. This was not the case here the staff were attentive and hard working the food we ordered was excellent all freshly cooked and of a very high standard.
Overall this was an exceellent experience and we will be coming back here

• Visited November 2012