I chose the hotel because it was close to the train station and from the photos guessed I would be able to see it from the station (I could). I also chose the hotel for the brand. Having stayed at the Macdonald in my home city of Birmingham. My initial experience was very positive, check in was smooth, although the receptionist was a little quiet and did not explain the hotels facilities like I was expecting. Room was a pleasant surprise. Top floor, with a great view, I thought the Bose sound dock for my ipod was a real nice touch. The bathroom has to be the largest I have seen in a hotel. Very large bath tub as you walk in, and then a double size shower. I did think the material used for the washstand was a little sub-standard to the rest of the fittings. The free high speed net was perfect, worked straight away and no hassle like it is in some hotels. I was a little disappointed with the bed, not only a burn hole on the sheets but also a tad too firm. Weekend check out is pretty early at 11am, and it is a slow process with the staff seemingly more concerned with their own affairs than those of their guests. This is especially apparent when I returned in the afternoon to collect my luggage. I was ignored by a male member of staff who proceeded to chat to the concierge and I had to wait a good ten minutes just to be served and collect my bag. Would really not be happy if I had paid the full advertised rate. Staff are far too complacent and self concerned.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel
- Macdonald Hotel Manchester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury 4-star Macdonald Manchester hotel and spa sits right in the heart of Cottonopolis. Within walking distance of Manchester City Centre and immediately adjacent to Piccadilly train station with easy access to all motorways our landmark hotel blends sophisticated meeting and conferencing is recognised as offering the 'Best sleep in the City' as voted by MEN, 2013. Our Spa is to die for and we have an exceptional standards of service and unmatched food quality; theres free wifi, great Lounge, bars and restaurants and outstanding hospitality completing an experience that makes our hotel and spa a clear leader for both business and leisure guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.