“Best hotel and staff in Manchester by far” 5 of 5 stars

Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   London Road | Piccadilly, Manchester M1 2PG, England   |
Ranked #31 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Best hotel and staff in Manchester by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

As a returning guest to the Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa on the 17th January it was yet again a faultless stay! I have tried many hotels in Manchester over the last few years but after discovering the Macdonald I would not stay anywhere else, there rooms are always imacculate, the staff can never help you enough, the Guest services and Reservation team always cater for my requirements which I am very gratefull for, and for Paul the General Manger to take the time to hand write a card just ad's to a great stay and gives it that personal touch. 10/10 for customer service, Paul and his team are a credit to Manchester!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Andy,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, facilities and magnificent team it is appreciated and of course we look forward to the opportunity to deliver many more similar experiences that both you and our other guests are always accustomed to.

The Macdonald Manchester Hotel and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here with our children- the rooms are nice and big - very clean!

The staff at breakfast were lovely
To us and were so polite and child friendly even when my
Toddler was being a bit
Cheeky -
The staff were polite, friendly and very warm!
Thank you for making the stay so relaxing!

Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I got into my room late and went straight to dinner which was a nice meal. I then went back to my room and found that the bathroom was filthy. I called the desk and they moved me straight away.
I spoke to the staff in the morning when I checked out and they offered me an upgrade on my next visit and took my meal off the bill.
Mistakes happen but they dealt with it brilliantly.
The spa wasn't open until 9.30 in the morning and closed at 8.30 at night so I didn't get a chance to use it which was disappointing as this was one of the reasons I chose the hotel.
Would I stay again? Probably but I might get a hotel with better facilities next time

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your review and although I was really disappointed to read your opening comments (as we have an excellent reputation for delivering consistently immaculate bedrooms, suites and public areas) I was reassured to find that once we knew about the matter we then did the right thing and turned the matter around to your complete satisfaction very quickly.

Hopefully this has further increased your confidence in us and so allows our great team the chance to deliver consistently outstanding stays for you in the future.

Thank you once again for your time and feedback and I look forward to your return.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for night on the seventh floor in an odd numbered bedroom.
Didn't sleep very well. The room was far too hot and stuffy. The bedroom windows do not open at all and whatever temperature the air conditioning is set too, it is a constantly warm.
There was a humming sound outside. Similar to road noise. It was enough to disturb my sleep with that and the heat in the room it wasn't very comfortable.
Dinner was included in the price of the room. The meal was of good quality so to was the breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jonathan,

Thanks so much for your kind review. More importantly I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I have sent a message separately to find out the bedroom that you used and date of occupancy so that we can check the air conditioning system as anything less than a perfect nights sleep is a concern to us and something I would like to get sorted out as soon as possible if it affected your stay with the caveat that given we've had no others concerns I believe it was probably looked into when you mentioned it during your stay; if that is what you did.

Kind regards and I look forward to hearing from you very soon

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in a Macdonald Hotel.From the minute we checked in the staff couldn't do enough for us.Our room was an executive on the top floor and was so spacious we did contemplate not moving from the room.A bath and a separate shower was great and pleased both parties.
We dined in the hotel restaurant which again was exceptional.Our starters were large so had to leave a space for main course.Service was quick but not too hurried,just sufficient time between courses.The manager and staff were very attentive and efficient.
We visited Manchester town centre shops which was only a 10 minute stroll along a straight road so easily found our bearings.
if you are looking for a stress free stay with exceptional service this hotel is definitely worth a try .we will certainly be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Amanda,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and I'm so pleased that you really enjoyed the quality of your room, dinner and of course the service standards and attentiveness of our great team.

We are ideally placed for all things Manchester and of course we're delighted that we added to you experience of Cottonopolis.

All the very best and we look forward to seeing you back here soon.

cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

this hotel is to be recommended for it's location and service provided. We had a great stay and would certainly stay again when in Manchester. very good breakfast with plenty of choice...what more could you want after a good, comfortable nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Linda,

You're very kind thank you for taking the time to review us and for all your kind words. It goes without saying that we'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

All the very best to you and your family.

Stanwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel several times, predominantly as a result of business travel; the most recent stay in October 2013.

Overall, an excellent hotel situated conveniently close to train station and city centre. I had a lovely and comfortable stay.

The room I stayed in was extremely spacious with enormously large windows enabling plenty of natural light and impressive views across Manchester. Room was pleasantly furnished with large and clean bathroom including some nice toiletries. Huge and comfy bed secured a great night sleep.

Smart and modern restaurant surroundings with clean lines. Tables are quite well spaced out providing reasonable privacy. Breakfast was very good with good choice of pastries, fruit, breads and beverages. The breakfast staff was simply excellent, most helpful and very professional, in particular as the queues can get somewhat long at certain times in the morning.

The gentlemen behind the reception were most helpful and absolutely professional giving a positive impression of being very experienced and knowing their subject matter well. They gave a genuine impression that they really cared that guests had a good and comfortable stay and the clients' needs always come first.

This hotel is clearly well managed.

Slight downside are the expensive car park fees, although the car park is well secured, convenient and given this is Manchester, I guess, the cost is justifiable for that reason, though I still found the fees just that bit pricey.

I would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Miriam,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for all your kind words they are appreciated and I agree our great team run this hotel and spa so well that it's an absolute pleasure being called their manager. I am extremely lucky

There's no doubt about it in that it's their hard work and dedication that makes guests stays so special and the reason why guests come back time and again. It goes without saying that we'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

All the very best

The Macdonald Manchester Hotel and Spa

Been to Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!