I wasn't sure how to get to the hotel so I tried to call. Three times the call disconnected as it had not been answered. On the fourth attempt someone answered. When I got there I was served promptly and the receptionist made a reservation for me in the restaurant and removed my name as requested from the booking so I wouldn't be disturbed. I was disappointed when I got to my room because despite making a note on my booking that I am allergic to feathers I had to call to get my pillows exchanged and it took 45 mins for the room girl to 'find' them. She was very pleasant and apologetic.
Dinner in the restaurant was excellent. Perfectly cooked steak and good wine. Service was appalling though. It took 15 minutes to order a glass of wine and I was never asked how my steak was. Also I sat with my finished plates and an empty wine glass for over 20 mins before they were cleared away. The maitre d was very cheerful and smiley and was really the only reason I didn't make a complaint.
The room was overlooking the main road but I didn't hear anything from the traffic. the bed was comfortable and the bathrooms are a good size.
The location is great for the train station however not so good if you are heading into the centre for dinner / drinks....
So a very up and down experience. I'm not sure if I would go back because the double tree has always given a better experience to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, set in the heart of Cottonopolis, is Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Perfectly located if travelling by rail, road or foot, our eyecatching expanse dominates the skyline all the way from Piccadilly Station to the Mancunian Way allowing quick and easy access to and from all the major motorways. The team at our hotel in Manchester is driven to deliver an outstanding guest experience and has a reputation for its service standards and food quality. As the 2013 winner of "The best sleep in the city" award (Manchester Evening News), it combines 338 beautiful bedrooms with state of the art conferencing, an indulgent urban spa and first class bar and live theatre restaurant experience in our Scottish Steak Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Macdonald Hotel Manchester