Spent two nights for a meeting at Manchester University, which starts just across the road and it's just 2 minutes walk from Picadilly Station.
Staff were courteous and welcoming.
Room was large with windows the whole length of the room (betraying the origins of the building as a BT office block), spotlessly clean. Bathroom had both bath and separate walk-in shower. No drawers or shelves in the room, so nowhere to put shirts. There's a good TV, but it's a little small for the size of the room.
Only meal I had was breakfast on one day, which was quite a bargain when I pre-booked at 10 GBP. Good extensive buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, set in the heart of Cottonopolis, is Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Perfectly located if travelling by rail, road or foot, our eyecatching expanse dominates the skyline all the way from Piccadilly Station to the Mancunian Way allowing quick and easy access to and from all the major motorways. The team at our hotel in Manchester is driven to deliver an outstanding guest experience and has a reputation for its service standards and food quality. As the 2013 winner of "The best sleep in the city" award (Manchester Evening News), it combines 338 beautiful bedrooms with state of the art conferencing, an indulgent urban spa and first class bar and live theatre restaurant experience in our Scottish Steak Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Macdonald Hotel Manchester