“Oh fook!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Cheltenham
“Oh fook!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Apart from a new and friendly manager nothing nice to mention. One of the worse I stayed in. It was advertised as B&B but if you wanted to have some breakfast you had to make it yourself!!! Didn't use the bathroom facilities as just to filthy(and i'm not even a big lady!)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Motherwell, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Booked this over the phone and paid half the deposit, £20. Was told the rooms were £40 for a double room. Booked 3 rooms for myself and some friends. Was told on the phone that it was an extra £5 on one room as 3 were going to be in that room. A kingsize bed room.
We also asked about late check out and was advised that was fine we could oversleep. Free parking in a secure car park.
Sounds great eh.
When we arrived we learned that late check in was £5 for every hour over 11am. Fair is fair but she should have told us about this on the phone. The first 3 arrived first and paid the other £25 as our room was to be £45 as advised. We were giving room 1 right at the main entrance we asked for a differant room and were told that was a kingsize room the biggest and that it had a kingsize bed. Then another 2 arrived and were also charged a further £25 meaning with their deposit of £20 it was £45 but there was only 2 in this room. The second group of 2 were also charged the same. When we question the manager she said i said £45 a room and the room with 3 should have been £55 but we got a £10 discount. I said that was wrong and she suggested we go to another hotel then. Very customer satisfaction eh.
When I saw the other rooms the beds were the exact same size all double, so the manager lied about the room, moving us and the cost etc.
There was also a terrible smell coming from the toilet system. Our was rotten as the evening went on, really bad now I know things can go wrong thats fine but when I told the manager Nazia she said well what have you done as it was not like that before we were checked in. It was really bad in room 1, our friend was in room 16 and theres was bad but not as bad as ours. They did spray fabreeze however that never lasted all night. Room 16 had no door on the toilet either and was bigger than our room (with the same sized bed!!!!) Nazia was really unhelpful when we brought it up, our shower would not heat up also and Nazia had to show us after playing about and said whats so hard about that. Eh after trying for 30 minutes why not provide your services!
£40 for a room is cheap and yeah if thats what is expected then fine, we weren't lookign for luxuary just somewhere to crash but my god was our room stinkign when we came back from the night out the toilet door was left open and the room was stinking making me boke.
The secure car park is not secure as was described on the booking telephone call. it looks out onto a park. Run down area also.
I feel bad for writing this, cheap adn cheerfull but just felt that the manager should have been honest felt she lied too much about the cost, room size, bed size and the sewage problem and also mis led me about the late check out.

Working as a Manager for Thomas Cook Shop , I must say I would never nor promote to my team to recommend this hotel, they need to work on their customer service skills and address issues.

PS - Manchester for a night out is amazing, we had a absolute ball

Room Tip: Get it all in writing, either e-mail or letter confirmation of price and services included.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
nickbrat
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel is used by Manchester city council as a place to put homeless adults and youths. They also house vulnerable adults here when they do not have appropriate accommodation.

Those vulnerable persons include adults with a variety of mental problems.

Please look elsewhere if visiting the city.

• Stayed July 2011
Newcastle staffs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I stayed in Citi Park Hotel with a group of friends when we went to watch the OASIS concert at Heaton Park. I chose this hotel as it was the closest one I could find to Heaton Park and also one of the cheapest! £67 per room. The Hotel was a 10 minute taxi drive but about 45 minute walk. The Hotel was more like a B&B type set up, although there wasn't a lounge area there was a kitchen and you could help yourselves to tea and coffee when you wanted. The rooms were clean and quite modern but small and they were not en-suite, which surprised me as I didn't see this written anywhere and I normally only stay at hotels with en-suite, anyway as we were not using the hotel extensively and staying for one night only it was ok. I'm a bit particular about showers and didn't want to use that one but some people may be fine with this. Considering other friends paid over £100 for a room in the centre of Manchester this hotel was fine for our need.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

Moving on, we could not open the bathroom door without moving our bed, so we decided to move the bed over, behind the bed was filthy, tab ends,rubbish, hair, dust, disgusting!!!!
but at least we could use the bathroom.
The bathroom door was almost see through and so close to the bed, not ideal when this was me and my new partners first over night trip together.
Bathroom was small but modern, and cleaner than the bedroom.
Overall our stay here was comical, we would never ever stay again, i would rather sleep in the car!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

Firstly we arrived at the Citi Mansions, which looked like a shelter for the homeless or drug addicted. Where we were told that this was not where our room was - they forwarded us onto the Citi Park Hotel further down the road, the girl told us it was 'better', I feel her standards are extremely low!
So...on arrival, there was no parking and it looked like a guest house, imagine our suprise having booked a citi Mansion via the internet with very attractive photos! It was a stained mattress short of a knocking shop. The receptionist (if you can call her that) was the most unhelpful, arrogant and as we were not supplied with a translation dictionary, we had no hope of understanding her!
We booked this one night stay via booking.com, a 25% deposit charge was taken. Both the hotel and booking.com denied any knowledge of this and we were therefore forced to pay the full price. This was difficult as we were curtly told that the card machine was not working, and given a look that said 'what are you going to do about it!!'
So having been half way around manchester to find this place, we were given our key - this is the smallest hotel room I have ever seen, the bed was barely a double!! Also the bathroom was not big enough to swing a cat, and had a large viewing panel in the door - now me and my boyfriend are close, but this does not mean that I want to see him aproud the toilet seat!!
We agree with some previous comments, in that there was constant running water noise which kept us awake.
As you can imagine after this awful night we woke early to checkout. Having gathered all our belongings we walked down the stairs only to be barricaded and demanded by a large african man to 'seckle de bil' - I had to look at my boyfriend to translate! This hotel does not know the meaning of customer service, and quite frankly I was intimidated.

Add to this the tobbaco paraphinailea that we found in the top draw - I would only recommend this hotel if your only other option is a cardboard box, or the first offered Citi Mansions

As you can tell we will not be staying here again, and are lucky to have escaped with all organs still on our person.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

Where do you start. I took a punt on this place. It was probably the only hotel i booked with shocking reviews. I should have taken notice. The bedroom was no bigger than a normal sized bathroom. The bed itself was terrible. The toilet / shower area was filthy and old. The stairs leading up to the room are very dangerous to walk on. After a day out sightseeing, I thought I might at least be able to watch tv. Think again.... the reception is useless, meaning "no signal" pretty much all the time. Seriously, if this was the first hotel I stayed in on my holiday, i would have seriously considered going back to oz. ITS THAT BAD. The only half decent thing was the reception were helpful on request. This however does not outweigh the pathetic standard of this shocking hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Citi Park Hotel? Share your experiences!