“Friendly&inviting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel

You added Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Portland St, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester M1 4PH, England   |
Ranked #43 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly&inviting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband&I stayed here for a short visit for our first year anniversary.We were upgraded at reception by the lovely receptionist.Room was nice and clean.
We were told we would recieve free movies as our upgrade but this didn't work,but it wasn't a problem.
Location was great as trams&buses were around the corner.
Breakfast was nice with the selection and staff were helpful&polite.
In general we had a lovely stay&would recommend to anyone who wants to stay within the city centre.
Thank you to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review following your stay with us. We were delighted to be able to play a part in your anniversary celebration and I thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience. I'm pleased that you had a most enjoyable stay.

Thank you too for your recommendation and look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

David Daly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

On arrival met with smiles and a swift friendly check in. Room was large,spotlessly clean. Breakfast was brilliant with very friendly attentive staff.
This is my 2nd visit in 8 weeks and I would definitely recommend this hotel the beds are comfortable the room temperature is lovely and the air con actually works well.
Great for couples and families with a fabulous location.

Would I recommend this hotel? YES without hesitation!

Room Tip: I had a privilege twin room on the 5th floor side facing towards the main road. No noise problems at...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had an excellent return visit and I thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your experience on this occasion. Many thanks too for your high recommendation and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here on Friday 30 May. Last minute hotel booking as our other hotel let us down. Hotel is very easy to find and is in a great location. Check in was quick and painless and the girl behind the desk was very friendly and had lots of information. Only have a couple of gripes. 1. Lifts are far too slow 2. Asked for a twin room got a double. Not the biggest inconvenience but a little annoying. 3. Our room was on the 10th floor but yet we could hear the noise from outside until the early hours of the morning. Maybe change the windows to something a bit more soundproof. Other than that lovely hotel for a good price in a good location. Would have no issue staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your constructive review following your stay with us on the 30th May. Other than a couples of issues, which have been duly noted, I was pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your time with us and that you would have no issue staying with us again. With this in mind, we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here with work a few times and always enjoyed it's central location and comfortable rooms. This time I was disappointed by the service twice. At dinner I waited over 20 minutes for pudding. It wasn't hot so I didn't understand the delay. After one update I decided to leave. The staff did bring it up to my room and didn't charge but it rather spoilt the otherwise nice meal. In the morning I wasn't offered a hot drink at all. Twice the waiter walked by and I tried to attract his attention. I spoke to the chap at the restaurant entrance but gave up and left. Not very organised at all! Felt rather invisible.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to hear that you have always enjoyed your stays with us, in particular due to our convenient location and comfortable rooms.

On your last visit I was however very sorry to hear that you encountered the issues that you did at dinner; please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I am aware of the matter that you have highlighted, as my Restaurant Manager had already flagged the issue of your delayed dessert on his handover and this matter has been discussed with our Head Chef. The matter regarding coffee at breakfast has also been addressed accordingly. Although I do fully appreciate your disappointment and inconvenience on this occasion, I would hope that when you have previously visited you have always enjoyed the high level of customer service and delivery that we always strive to achieve and hope that you believe this was indeed an unfortunate blip in our service delivery, which I confirm again has been addressed.

I do hope sometime in the future we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and that you will experience once again our normal high standard of delivery.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Greeted at the hotel desk by a very friendly member of staff who was incredibly helpful.
location is fantastic.
The room was quite small for the price.
A shame the windows do not open even a little as it was a little stuffy at times when no fresh, outside air can get in. (we were on 6th floor).
The bed was extremely comfortable, a nice firm mattress.
Overall the room was very clean, I did though find a short hair on the side of the bath when I first walked in and around the window could do with a wipe, as it was a little grubby.
Overall I Would recommend this hotel :)

Room Tip: Stayed in room 615.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post your experience of our hotel following your stay with us.

I was pleased to hear of your greeting on arrival and I will certainly share your feedback with the Reception team. Indeed our prime city centre location is extremely popular with our guests and I'm pleased we formed a convenient base for your time with us.

When the hotel underwent refurbishment, a new climate control system was installed in the bedrooms and at that time, it was recommended that our windows be secured to ensure that the system worked as effificently and effectively as it should. However, we are aware that many of our guests do like to have the opportunity to open a window for fresh air and as such, we are currently working our way through the hotel, opening our windows, albeit with a restricted opening from a safety point of view.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

A lovely hotel with very grand entrance , friendly reception staff and a very relaxing feel to the place. We found the room a little small considering it was an upgrade but it had everything you needed. It was supposed to have two sets of complimentary robes and slippers but these we're missing initially until we asked . If the rooms were are luxurious as the communal ares, restrooms , lobby's etc this place would be the business but they maybe need freshening up fairly soon.

Room Tip: If you're a film watcher upgrade your room for a great selection of movies all knocked off your...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your time with us. I was pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your time with us and do hope that if your travels ever bring you back our way, that you will consider staying with us once again.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Be advised there is a £15 a night car parking charge and you are not told about this until you come to check out and you are presented with your bill. The lifts in the hotel are very poor you may find you are going up and down a few time until you finally get to the floor you require

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest

I believe that you have already been in communication with the hotel and my Customer Services Manager has been in touch with you already.

However, just to clarify. A car parking charge has always been in operation at the hotel and this charge is publicised on our hotel website, websites we have control over, a message via our switchboard, as well as a notice as you enter the car park. We do compare our price regularly with car parks in our immediate vicinity and as they charge £22-£24 per overnight stay, we do believe our £15.00 charge compares very faviourably.

As a 280 bedroomed hotel, when the hotel is full, at peak times pressure can be placed on the lifts and as such, unfortunately on occasions delays may occur. The display screens within each lift does show you the direction in which the lifts are travelling. I am sorry if they caused you inconvenience during your time with us.

Thank you for your review and I do hope I have clarified our car parking charge for potential guests who may look at your review prior to choosing our Hotel.

David Daly

Been to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!