“GOOD HOTEL IN THE CENTER OF THINGS” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel

You added Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Portland St, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester M1 4PH, England   |
Ranked #42 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“GOOD HOTEL IN THE CENTER OF THINGS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was in town for a conference and picked this hotel based on the ACCOR Brand and location. I found it very staifactiory. LOcated in the center of things right next to the Toursit Office.

Manchester is a revitalized good looking city. I wish I had more time to explore.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review folllowing your stay with us. As you have mentioned, the hotel's location couldn't be in a better spot for exploring all that Manchester has to offer. I do hope that when you have more time to explore the City, you will choose to stay with us again. With this in mind, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

David Daly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were surprised by the standard of this hotel after staying at Mercures elsewhere. The staff were very helpful although somertimes didn't fully understand what we wanted especially when it came to parking. Finding the hotel car park is a bit tricky thanks to sat nav we managed. Parking is on the second floor and involves driving around the side of the hotel following the one way system. On arrival we found our room very comfortable especially the large bed. Some road noise as only secondary double glazing. Free wi fi on the 3 rd floor in the bar restaurant area. We dined in the restaurant and enjoyed our meals very much. We seemed to be attended to by several different staff as opposed to one which seems the norm during service. As a base for central Manchester the hotel catered for our needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you chose to stay with us and you found our central location catered for all your needs. On a future visit to Manchster, I do hope that we will have the pleaure of welcoming you back again.

norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I travelled to manchester for a leisure trip and found the Mercure through the internet. After checking reviews it was decided we would go for this hotel and what a good choice. The mercure is a large hotel situated in the centre of manchester right next to the tram station and bus terminus and located only 5 mins walk from manchester piccadilly station. Reception was on the 2nd floor and was expertly dealt with by the gentleman on the desk. Our twin room was on the 10th floor and was not big but big enough for us for our 2 night stay. There was the usual complimentary tea/coffe tray (needed more than 2 teabags i felt) and it was ensuite as well. Only downside was that we could not open the windows (health and safety i presume) so the room did sufferw ith condensation. We did not use the resturant but did use the bar which was lovely and okay price wise, just what you would expect in a city centre hotel. All in all a lovely hotel which is well situated and i will use again to visit manchester

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel following your stay with us; it really is appreciated. I was delighted to hear that on a future trip to Manchester, you will consider staying with us again and with this in mind, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights as we had tickets to go to the football.
The room is good, especially the view from the 11th floor. Staff so friendly and would do anything they could to make your stay enjoyable. Wifi is available on level 3 which is also the area for breakfast and drinks.
Location is fantastic. Right next to the tram/bus station, walking distance to the train station. Centrally located to all areas of Manchester city. Great walk to amazing shopping.
Would defently Reccommend and would stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing your review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look foward to welcoming you back again very soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has very friendly staff in an excellent location. Rooms are good, although the standard was not big.

If you are looking for a centrally located hotel, in an excellent location, this should be on your shortlist.

• Stayed September 2012
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of our Hotel with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you found the team friendly and our location to be excellent.

The next time you are visiting Manchester, I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had a lovely stay at this hotel. The hotel were great in changing my room from a twin to a double and again when the first room's TV didn't work. The staff were helpful and friendly. The receptionist from Hungary was very efficient and came to my room with a new key for another room when I reported a fault immediately.

The room was a reasonable size, clean with a great view of the Manchester skyline. Bed was very comfy. I booked with lastminute.com and got an amazing deal. I paid under £28 for the room. Free wifi on the third floor.

The location is perfect, 5 minute walk from Piccadilly station and city centre shops and cinemas. Plenty of nice places to eat or go for coffee.

I would certainly visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay and would certainly visit us again. With this in mind, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked this hotel for a Friday night stay, and considering the price I paid and the package, which included "free" breakfast, it was genuinely good value for money.

Unfortunately, the package also included a free Pimms on arrival; this was never offered or mentioned - I did not mind, and did not particularly want the free Pimms, but this was just one of many little things that were wrong. The hotel, previously a Ramada, seems to have been updated very little - my room and bathroom looked really rather old, and I seemed not to have been updated in any way by Mercure. There was no soap left in the bathroom, either. The queue for seating at the restaurant for breakfast was slow as the member of staff assigned to this kept disappearing, the exit car park barrier was supposed to operate on number plate recognition to allow you to leave but it didn't work - there is a buzzer for the hotel to raise the barrier, but I had to press this several times before I was able to leave. Another little thing was that the reserved parking signs still said Ramada on them - this was not an issue at all, but just highlighted the lack of apparent effort made to renovate/update the hotel. There was always some background noise from generators or some other kind of hotel equipment - it was not enough to keep me awake but might be an annoyance to some people.

That said, my room was very comfortable, there were adequate lifts to service the hotel, there was ample parking, nothing in my room was faulty and all of the staff were very friendly.

I would stay here again; £15 for overnight parking is reasonable compared to NCP or other car parks, the room price for the location and general quality of the hotel is fair, and my stay was enjoyable. Compared to other Mercure's I have stayed in, it just doesn't quite measure up, but it may be that this hotel is still very much in a transitional process. If "all the little things", such as those I have stated in this review would ruin your stay, though, then look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Guest feedback is an extremely valuable tool for us, as it allows us to monitor our performance and focus on areas that we may need to improve on, therefore I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I do hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

David Daly

Been to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!