“Fantastic apartment. Clean, modern and good location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Rainbow ApartHotel - Manchester Central

You added Blue Rainbow ApartHotel - Manchester Central to your Saves list
Blue Rainbow ApartHotel - Manchester Central
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   8 Commercial Street | Hill Quays, Manchester M1 5NZ, England   |
“Fantastic apartment. Clean, modern and good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

After reading some bad reviews I was seriously worried about our stay at the Manchester Central Blue Rainbow Aparthotel.

However, I needn't have worried. Our apartment was spotlessly clean, modern decor, spacious and lovely.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

The aparthotel is in a great location. We were on a girly weekend, and we didn't have to walk far to Deansgate Locks, then a short taxi ride to the centre of Manchester. (You could walk it easily enough).

The next day the receptionist told us about a free shuttle service that takes you around Manchester. Fantastic!

I really cannot fault Blue Rainbow. Apart from the aparthotel not being very easy to find. We had to ask someone where it was, and we had to direct some other people not long after. Minor issue though!

• Stayed November 2012
BlueRainbowApart, Owner at Blue Rainbow ApartHotel - Manchester Central, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at Blue Rainbow. All of our team work so hard to ensure that we meet our guests expectations. We are not perfect but all try incredibly hard every day to offer the best possible experience to every single one of our guests. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I have to say this is one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. It took forever to find and nobody could get in as the receptionist was too busy to open the door.

The view was appalling out onto a rubbish dump site and there were several things wrong with the tv, lights and radiators. We had to call the maintenance man up several times.

The worst part of my stay was when I put the flimsy toilet seat down and noticed it was cracked. When I looked at it it snapped in two in my hands!!! On calling reception they charged me a disgusting £207 For a £10 toilet seat!!!

I left in tears as a student I had no money left at all. I left a day early and the manager said I was not entitled to a refund,

Shocking service do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Elle_22774. Thank you for taking the time to place a review of your version of events. We are sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in Blue Rainbow. I would however like to point out to readers of your review the full facts surrounding your claims. You state that you were charged £207 for the replacement of "a £10 toilet seat" - I would like to point out the that seat concerned is actually manufactured by Duravit and has a cost price to us of £215 plus vat. I would also like to point out that we do not ever simply charge for any innocent breakages. We do however charge for cases of blatant vandalism and criminal damage. The toilet seat you refer to in this review was actually damaged by you (or one of your party) standing on the seat whilst wearing shoes after returning from an evening out. Quite why you would choose to stand on a toilet seat is a mystery. The photographs of your damage are available for any reader to see by contacting Central Reservations on the phone number shown on this site. The photograph shows the damage caused. I would also like to point out that we also have the emails from you discussing your vandalism.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here with a colleague for an event at Manchester Central. Chose the "Executive" apartment because it had two bathrooms. This option was slightly more expensive but still cheaper than two single rooms in a hotel. Most hotel rooms have a maximum of one comfy chair, this apartment had a whole settee. The apartment was well equipped, with the kitchen having plenty of cutlery, crockery, glasses etc. It had a full cooker, washing machine and a dish washer. Not only that but it had dishwasher tablets and a small pack of detergent. It also had a welcome pack with milk, orange juice, choice of cereal,coffee and a selection of teas with sugar etc. Friendly, helpful staff at reception made life easier and with a car park in the basement the package was very comprehensive. Would recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable, well appointed and equipped pad for a couple of nights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Leshaswell. Thank you for taking the time to post the fantastic feedback following your stay at Blue Rainbow. It is always very pleasing for everyone of the team when a seasoned traveller like yourself, with a history of posting reviews at various hotels, has great feedback. Thank you again for choosing Blue Rainbow and please come back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

A very welcoming and helpful front desk greeted us on arrival and even after coming back late at night which was comforting.
The apartment was first class, well appointed with all we needed for a 2 night stay. Everything was in good order. I loved the choice of movies to watch and it made a night in an easy choice.
I find it strange some have said there are charges for everything? My opinion is if you don't use extras or damage anything you won't get charged as I didn't have any extras to pay as I treated the apartment like my own home.
Overall every city needs accommodation like this.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Bboy23. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I have passed all of your comments onto our hard working team in Manchester and I am sure they too a really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am particularly happy that you found us to be a high quality, honest, hard working business who strive to provide an exceptional experience to every guest. Come back soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Well I stayed here with my girlfriend and to be honest what a joke, reception was a shambles, late check in because the apartment was not ready. Eventually I get the key only to arrive in a shabby looking run down apartment 5* they wished. The only plus side was the fact that the reception team were so helpful throughout our stay. The room was too hot , charges apply everywhere and everything. Overall I will never bother again as there are far better places to stay and more value for money within the city centre.

• Stayed November 2012
BlueRainbowApart, General Manager at Blue Rainbow ApartHotel - Manchester Central, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. I would like to however point out to the readers of this review that you have failed to add that you were actually removed from the property by security after causing several thousand pounds of damage to an apartment during a "domestic dispute" with your partner. Whilst being removed from the building it appears that you also chose to abuse the hard working members of my team. Based on this I would urge readers of this review to base any judgement on the full spectrum of reviews on this site and form their own decision based on that.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We recently stayed in the Blue Rainbow Central Apartments for a weekend. The apartments a very well appointed, Very friendly & helpful staff, where any reasonable request is too much trouble.

These Apartments are in an excellent location to get to either by car or public transport as they are close to both Deansgate Tram stop, Oxford Road train station & Picadilly is only about 15 minutes on foot. An excellent place to start the morning off & explore all that Manchester has to offer.

We have stayed in many hotels & apartments in Manchester. Not any more though as Blue Rainbow is like a home from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Lovely Apartment, well appointed, in first class condition. Staff Very friendly and Helpful. In a VERY good location for all of Manchester central. Easy access from inner ring road with handy parking. Close to Deansgate tram stop and Oxford Rd Station.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Blue Rainbow ApartHotel - Manchester Central? Share your experiences!