“Modern City Centre Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #38 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Galway, Ireland
“Modern City Centre Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed in the Hilton for one night in August after getting an extremely good deal online. It is not hard to find as it's the most prominent high rise building on the skyline.

The hotel has a very modern feel and the rooms were lovely. The view was spectacular from our room. We went to Cloud 23 for a drink that night and really enjoyed the atmosphere in the lounge. It is on the 23rd floor and has its own special elevator. The views are fantastic. Cocktails are a little expensive but you'd expect that.

We used the valet parking facility at the hotel and the gentleman was extremely polite and helpful.

It's a pity that wifi comes at such an additional expense.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently; I am really pleased that you had an enjoyable stay

Thank you for visiting Cloud 23 and I am absolutely delighted that you great time and enjoyed the wonderful cocktails that our skilled team create for our guests whilst enjoying the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond.

My team and I look forward to your next visit, which I hope will be very soon.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Paris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

For a hotel of this price range and category, charging 15£/night for wifi is a rip-off. What they advertise as a king bed is just merely a standard double. When I complained at reception about being put in a twin room, I was first answered : "then you'll have to have a smoking room" - before a non smoking double finally "came up in the system" after my recrimination. Not mentioning having to pay the bill upfront when checking in because I used a debit card.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay with us.

I can only apologise that you were offered a twin room on arrival when you had booked a double room. Unfortunately, all of our double rooms were occupied at the time of your arrival and this is why we were unable to fulfil your original room type request on arrival. Whilst we do our utmost to honour our guest requests, it is not always possible to fulfil them all the time and I can only apologise that on this occasion we were unable to offer you double room immediately. The team members on reception have no control over the availability of rooms at any one given time. They only have the capability to offer serviced rooms that are released on the system as ready for our guests to use. Therefore during the time of your check in and that of other guests later in the evening, the room types would vary. However, I am pleased that we were able to offer you a double room.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level, however I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city. I can assure you that I have shared your comments with our Head Office.

When our guests choose to use debit card as a guarantee/payment we recommend payment on arrival to ensure that only payment is taken. Your bank will take 2 payments, the guarantee which your bank will release in a number of days and then the actual payment for services during your stay. Therefore when guests wish to use a debit card as a guarantee we suggest payment for your convenient to avoid your bank holding your funds.

I do hope that your travel plans bring you back to Manchester when we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

A really warm greeting from Damian the new front of house manager from Belfast and the front of house was excellent, but the hotel looks tired, little things look worn, meeting rooms looked a few years old; I see a lack of the ongoing investment that a first class hotel needs- you could contrast the nearby Radisson, always polished.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome on your arrival to the hotel. I can assure you that our entire Front Office team have been made aware of your kind words especially Damian who we have welcomed to the team recently.

I am delighted to be able to confirm that we have ongoing refurbishment plans to different areas of the hotel which will bring new and exciting things to the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us as this is the only way we can constantly improve.

I do hope that you are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Booked on line, on arrival shown to our seats immediately, fantastic view of Manchester ( winged armchairs ) Waitress service attentive and informative, Menu allows various combinations of afternoon teas, we choose the one at £22.95 each plus a glass of champagne (pommery) at £8.00/glass.
Numerous teas available, coffee by the cup refills for both coffee and tea on request.
3 small sandwiches or wraps, individual warm quiche (mushroom),scone with jam and cream and 3 assorted cakes/pasties each.

Overall, very comfortable relaxed environment, very enjoyable experience.

Suggestions signage to toilets needs to be clearer ( my wife had to direct fellow guests regarding access to toilet cubicles. Area dark.

Room Tip: Book ahead for seating ask for a window seat
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am absolutely delighted that you were able to visit Cloud 23 and enjoy Afternoon Tea. I am thrilled that you encountered attentive and informative service.

I agree that the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows are wonderful especially on a clear day.

Thank you for your comment relating to directional signage and whilst I have not received this before, I have certainly taken this on board.

My team and I hope that you are able to visit us again soon, when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Llandudno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and the wife booked in to the Hilton for our 3rd anniversary this weekend just gone, off to watch Wicked too.

Check in was nice and easy, concierge made themselves available immediately too.

Room was great, good views of the city (and the NHS demo the next day!!).

We were also booked in to The Podium restaurant downstairs for dinner, which was amazing, Jason looked after us very well indeed.

Breakfast there also was very nice, lots of choice, and plenty of staff to make sure we didn't go without!

My only complaint is with myself, for not hinting lots about our anniversary n maybe getting complimentary bumped up to executive room!!

Still, a wonderful stay, and will return!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 3rd wedding anniversary; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay and form part of your celebrations.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and efficient welcome to the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Accrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I booked a surprise night away in Manchester for my husband's 30th birthday - I booked a standard room at the Hilton Deansgate and also for a cocktail in Cloud 23 bar. At check-in, the receptionist let slip that I'd booked for Cloud 23 and we were immediately upgraded to an executive room on the 21st floor! Wow, it was fantastic. The room was lovely, large, modern and very comfortable with everything we needed. With floor to ceiling windows the views were amazing! Cloud 23 is definitely worth a visit - fab cocktails and panoramic views of Manchester, Breakfast was great - massive selection! We cannot fault our stay and we didn't want to leave. When I arrived home, I realised I'd left my make-up bag in the room. I rang the hotel and they posted it back to me straight away - great customer service - thank you! Can't wait to stay again, would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for booking a room to stay with us to celebrate your husband’s 30th birthday; it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am really pleased that we were able to upgrade your room on arrival to enhance your stay

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and that you had time to visit our 23rd floor Cloud 23.

My team and I are delighted that we made your husband’s birthday special and we hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was attending a conference at the exhibition centre which is about 6 minutes walk away.
This is a modern comfortable well located hotel.
Rooms are very comfortable and well laid out.
Friendly staff.
Good and fast breakfast buffet.

Only annoyance was being forced to pay 15 pounds for 24 hours of wifi. I recognise that there are costs involved in installing and maintaining a network of routers, but 15 pounds? Really felt like I was being gouged on that item.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are really nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that we formed a convenient location for your attendance at a conference at Manchester Central.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your guest room and you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon when you are in the city on business or leisure.

John McLaughlin

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!