“Brilliant hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Watford
“Brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Manchester has many hotels to offer, however none can compare to the Hilton Deansgate.
The service from the moment you walk in to the time you check out is exceptional.
The rooms are beautiful, the gym and pool are excellent and the food is great too.

Make sure you visit Cloud 23 and have a cocktail whilst you are there!

Hilton Honours Reward Scheme available here for added benefits.

Room Tip: Ensure you enrol into the Honors scheme, once you get Gold status, you will be able to take advantag...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am delighted to note that you are a valued HH member.

It is such a pleasure to read that enjoyed your time with us and thank you for taking the time to compete this review following your stay.

We really do appreciate your positive comments, my team and I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we certainly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
ANTWERPEN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were here 29 jan 2013. Every month we do a trip and now we taken Hilton becous we think than we are sure that it is good.They were friendly, but in the room we booked 3 rooms in the minibar e open and find a mars that had been eaten half. They compleen and the answer was it must have been yours hm hm. Than a girl take a clean towel in the box and after she used she saw it was been used before and a dark brown stripe she was shoked. We did not say no more because they don't take complains serious. We ask in the evening a table for six and they did not have place for six many tables were free?? When we came in hotel in the noon there was a buffet and we also did not have place to eat. In the toilet there is no cleaning brush. We ask late check out be booking and when we were there it did not go we wait 2 hours in the foyer and they come to ask is it neassesary to stay here. Never had this experience in an hotel. And that for hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am pleased that you choose to stay with us for your visit to Manchester and that you received a friendly welcome to the hotel. However, I am sorry that on this occasion you did not have an enjoyable stay. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment.

I am sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival and I can assure you that our Housekeeping team have been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments and I hope you accept my apologies.

I can assure you that we take all guest feedback on board and I can only apologies if you feel otherwise. All team members are fully trained to deliver a high standard of service and I can assure you that the relevant teams have been visibility of your comments.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future and have a more positive stay.

North West England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

stayed here for a couple of nights just for a break. I did expect to be blown away and thought it may be too posh but it wasn't. It is a very nice hotel. The facilities are outstanding there isn't much more you could ask for either in the room or at the pool/gym area. The hotel have thought of everything. I did expect a little more when it came to service with the Hilton name. The receptionist was friendly but just want to try and get more out of us such as upgrades and membership. No one offered to carry our bags, offer to collect them on checkout, offer wake up calls. Just the little touches you expect from the Hilton name.

The room was well equipped and spacious, the bed was very creaky and very wobbly if either of us moved you felt quite sea sick. It was also extremely warm and stuffy, the views are stunning and I understand part of the hotels charm are the floor to ceiling windows but because they couldn't be opened it was uncomfortable. This is personal to us I'm sure others may find it fine. We turned the air con to cold and turned the fan up but it didn't help much.

The breakfast buffet choice was exceptional BUT the cooked buffet was awful, literally a lot was inedible. Sausages, black pudding, hash browns were all completely dried out. It was a massive disappointment. We went for breakfast at 9.30am so weren't very late. There is plenty of other choice but if you want a cooked breakfast it was awful. We didn't bother going for breakfast on the 2nd day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am delighted that you found our facilities to be outstanding and that we were able to offer you everything you need in terms of your guest room and our leisure facilities.

However, I am very sorry if you were made to feel uncomfortable on arrival when being offered further services to make your stay more comfortable. The team were merely trying to enhance your stay with us and I am sorry for any discomfort cause as this was certainly not our intention.

The team as a matter of cause offer assistance/information at the time of check in and I am very surprised that you were not offered a wakeup call or luggage assistance. The Reception team have been made aware of your feedback for training purposes.

I am sorry that you found our room to be stuffy and I can only apologise that the building design dictates that we do not have any opening windows and I agree that this is a personal choice.

I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I can assure you that all food is prepared fresh daily and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I can only apologise that on this occasion that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is certainly not the feedback we ordinarily receive. Usually it is extremely positive however our Restaurant Manager and Executive Head Chef have discussed your comments to prevent receiving similar comments in the future.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great rooms, good effort by welcoming hotel staff, excellent large function catering with superb quality of food at large functions for up to 550 persons.

Concierge, front of house and restaurant staff provide first class service, with special mention for Tom, catering and beverage manager.

Room Tip: any above 6th floor but 19th floor particularly quiet and enjoys access to the Executive club.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently when you were attending a
Conference. I am pleased that you found our conference facilities to be well organised and that you enjoyed the food served to you during your event and that you found it to be of superb quality.

The team are always happy to offer a friendly and efficient service and they have all been made aware of your comments, especially Tom brown.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for business or leisure in the near future.

Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great Hotel with everything you would expect from a Hilton Hotel. The standard single was well equipped and surprisingly spacious,(obviously a double/twin). The staff were efficient but discrete and couldn't do enough. For an extra £20 it is well worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us recently; it was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our facilities and service to be excellent.

I am delighted that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

We hope that you chose to stay with us on your next visit to Manchester.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night last friday . Arrived at 11am i was given the chance to upgrade to executive room . Very nice and a comfy bed. Went to cloud 23 very nice view . Breakfast ok but would be lovely if you could just order what you wanted instead of those buffet breakfasts . Staff were very nice and helpfull. All in all good nights stay .

Room Tip: High rooms
Dear Guest

I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay and that this gave you the opportunity to have a good sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am also pleased that we were able to offer you an upgrade on arrival which allowed you to enjoy the hospitality of the team in 23rd floor Executive Lounge.

I am glad that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Llanymynech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here at the start of the month and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Service is great, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is new, clean and very well appointed. I think it is worth paying for an executive room as they are on the higher floors and you have access to the lounge on the 23 floor. Breakfast was typical Hilton, I have to say I have had better, but then I have had worse. Bloody Mary with breakfast on Sunday was much appreciated. Location is fine, plenty of parking nearby and plenty of places to eat and drink. Pool, sauna etc. I would recommend it and I would stay again. Only gripe - wifi should be complimentary when you are paying over £100 a night, come on Hilton, wake up!

Room Tip: Executive rooms on 17th floor and up.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your stay with us at the weekend.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings, location and indeed our friendly and helpful team members.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level, however I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon.

John McLaughlin

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!