“Modern Hotel, Good Location, Great Views of Manchester” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #38 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Virginia
“Modern Hotel, Good Location, Great Views of Manchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is a modern hotel. The room was spacious. clean and modern with great views across Manchester.

The hotel is close to the Deansgate Tram stop and the Museum of Science and Industry. The executive lounge staff were friendly and breakfast and snacks were good.

Parking is in the public car park next door to the hotel with ticket validation by the hotel. Your car can remain on the forecourt while unloading which worked well for us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive and informative feedback with everyone following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Had a great stay at the Hilton Deansgate, Manchester.
Hotel was gorgeous, staff very friendly and even bumped into a few celebs!
Very quick and friendly check in- Heather on reception was very helpful with directions to the MEN arena.
Breakfast was lovely- lots of choice.
Comfy beds and spacious rooms.
Will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us, we appreciate your time.

I am absolutely delighted that you had a fab stay with us and that you received friendly service from our team members.

I am glad that you enjoyed our comfy beds and that your room was spacious.

I am thrilled to read that you will be returning to the hotel. We look forward to having that privilege.

Mirfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a beautiful building - we were on the 11th floor so had a lovely view of the city.
Rooms were modern, large and comfortable although the carpet definately needed replacing - it was disgusting in places. The bar on the top floor is a must if you don't mind queueing, i think we queued for 20 minutes but was a great experience once up there!! Overall - a lovely stay!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am really pleased that you found the hotel to beautiful and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views from your modern, spacious and comfortable 11th floor guest room

I am so sorry that the carpet in your room had marks on it. I am pleased to be able to confirm that an order for replacement carpets has been placed and we are currently waiting for a delivery.

I do hope that you visit us again soon.

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Lovely modern / clean hotel, room was gorgeous and had excellent view over the city which at night was lovely and even better seeing all the fireworks. The only negative was our room was near the lift and on one of the nights you could hear other guests laughing etc coming back to their rooms in the early hours and minimum choice of channels on the TV
Excellent location but the restaurant was full so we had to take breakfast else where!

Room Tip: ask not to be near the lift and might be worth either taking breakfast very early or having it in yo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I appreciate the time your have taken to write this review.

I am really pleased that that you found the hotel to be modern and clean with gorgeous guest rooms.

However, I am very sorry that you were disturbed by fellow guests on their way back to their rooms. Should you book a future reservation, which I hope you do, we will be more than happy to offer you a room away from the lift area.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our offering of television channels in our guest rooms. I am pleased to be able to inform you that Hilton Hotels are in the process of updating all of our Brand Standards and we anticipate being able to offer a larger variety of television channels to all guest bedrooms in the near future.

I am sorry that you found the breakfast area to be busy on your arrival. During the weekends, we do encounter an influx of guests wishing to enjoy breakfast at the same time. However I can assure you that we are fully prepared for this and our breakfast offering is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I have shared your observations with our Restaurant Manager as she is reviewing her operation of breakfast service.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

A Modern Hotel with Fresh rooms and Panoramic views. Arrived early at 2pm but our room wasn't ready so we left our luggage and went in to the city centre. When we got back to the Hilton at 3.30 (check in was 3pm) our allocated room was still not ready so we were allocated a different room, no harm done. Lovely Fresh Modern Very Spacious room, although NOT the best we've stayed in. This was our first Hilton Experience and maybe we were expecting it to far exceed any other hotel chain, it didn't. The chain lock on the door was back to front so didn't operate and the shower we found to be ordinary, I needed to wedge a face cloth behind it to stop the shower head from turning to the side and wetting the glass screen which didn't have a rubber seal on the bottom edge allowing water to flood the floor. This didn't ruin our stay, We still had a great time at this hotel. The Breakfast I can say was the BEST Buffet breakfast I have ever tasted, from the Fresh Orange Juice to the English Breakfast items which were so so fresh and perfectly cooked and of course HOT and the Danish Pastry's were lovely too. Restaurant staff were not OTT fussy, I would hate that, they were however very friendly and welcoming, so for us they were perfect. Reception staff we also found to be approachable. We used the Pool and Jacuzzi located on the second floor with wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows looking out on to Manchester, very nice. Overall we had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay again. However, we were charged £3.95 for a bottle of water which was in the room on the side table, we did not use this and it wasn't on our invoice at the time but appeared a few days later on our credit card bill. We have since been refunded for this error, just beware.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on line following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you found all team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and attentive; they have been made aware of your kind words.

I am sorry that you were charged for a bottle of water that you did not order or consumed. I am confident that this shortfall was down to human error and I am pleased that you were refunded immediately.

I am pleased that you found you guest room to be modern, fresh and very spacious, however I am disappointed that your shower was not in perfect condition prior to your arrival, this has now been fixed.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Kara Monteiro
Director of Operations
cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Booked luxury room to stay over after a concert at MEN. We arrived at 330 and the room wasn't ready which I thought was very poor. Offered us a free drink at bar while waiting which I declined, if I wanted a drink at the bar I'd have gone straight there. After I complained we were immediately given a room that was ready.

Room was lovely, so high up I felt like I was on a plane....comfy bed, lovely bathroom, nice sheets. Air con very efficient. My biggest issue was no wifi in rooms, free or chargeable....very unusual. especially for a hotel that caters to business travellers.

Breakfast was a joke, we asked for it in room and the food was stone cold, took ages to arrive and half the stuff was forgotten.

Having said that, it's a great building, stunning lobby, nice rooms, and I've booked again for November as a shopping stay over. So I must have liked it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this detailed review, we appreciate it.

I am delighted that you found your guest room to be lovely with a comfortable bed, nice bathroom and good quality linen.

I am sorry that you were unable to check in on arrival at the hotel. After speaking with our Executive Head Housekeeper it has been highlighted that the night prior to your stay was very busy and unfortunately Housekeeping were under pressure to service all of the rooms in preparation for check in. Housekeeping are reviewing their planning in order we avoid a repeat of this situation.

I note your comment regards Wi-Fi and I am happy to confirm that Wi-Fi is available in full via BT Openzone on the Ground, 1st, 2nd and 23rd floors. Floors 4-22 have high speed internet available through cable connection. The good news however, is that Hilton Worldwide are currently reviewing all aspects of our WiFi and Internet policy and we anticipate to be able to offer WiFi to all guest bedrooms at the end of the year.

I am very disappointed that you had a poor Room Service experience as we have recently scored 100% from our guests in this area in our guest satisfaction survey. I can assure you that this has been addressed with the Room Service team and I hope that on your future stay you have a more positive experience.

I am absolutely thrilled that you have booked to stay with us again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Thornhill, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

This review refers to my experience as a day delagate at a NHS seminar held at the Hotel on 3 November 2011, and is in no way reflective of the standard of accomodation or other services provided by the Hotel.

The objective of this review is to advise other conference bookers that what looks like a premium city centre hotel offers (based on my experience) a lacklustre service.

On arrival there was meant to be coffee served from 08:30. After a long journey I was looking forward to a hot drink before the meeting started at 09:00. I had to search the conference floor before I eventually found a harassed looking member of staff filling what looked like a samovar but was in fact a large coffee dispenser which delivered a weak and horrible cup of coffee.

There were no pastries or biscuits provided at all on arrival(I have attended meetings in what appeared to be lesser hotels where at the very least, biscuits were provided).

At the lunch break we were herded into a small exhibition room where 2 buffet tables were set up in diametrically opposite corners of the room. On the entry and exit doors were signs which stated "no food to be taken beyond this point". The result was a crush as 300 delegates tried to get at the food and then find space to eat amongst the exhibitors booths.

To add insult to injury, staff were placed at the door to ask delegates to consume their food within the exhibition area.

Now for the quality of the lunch itself. Very poor and of a standard a Hotel such as this should be ashamed of.

To expand:

A selection of sandwiches which a back street caff would turn their noses up at. Clearly they were batch produced much earlier and refrigerated, because when I tried to eat them the bread was over chilled and hard and the fillings were unpalatable.

Goujons with a crispy coating so over seasoned and salted as to be inedible. The seasoning was so strong and the filling so underwhelming that I did not know whether I was eating fish of chicken gougons.

Nachos with melted cheese. In what world does a food and beverage manager think this is a good thing to put on a buffet? The cheese had cooled and congealed over the nachos though it was mildly amusing to see some of the more determined delegates trying to pull a few nachos out through the congealed, cloying mass of cheese.

The only other item on the buffet were mini quiches which had been pre warmed and then served on a cold plate resulting in the pastry going soggy and unpleasant.

Part of my annoyance at the very poor standard of catering is that I paid £288 to attend the event for the day and would have expected a higher quality of catering to be provided. Even if the seminar organisors had opted for an "economy" catering package, it would be reasonable to expect the Hotel to at least serve food to a decent standard.

The food and cramped environment were so dispiriting that I returned my plate and purchased lunch on the Deansgate in Manchester where there are several dining options.

Room Tip: Book your seminar or conference elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!