“Could be so much better....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Runger Lane, Manchester M90 5DL, England (Formerly Manchester Airport Lodge)   |
Ranked #65 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Wakefield UK
“Could be so much better....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked a two night stay before and after an important away day (report to follow). Lot of the car park underwater..so choose my space carefully...(and had to pay for it too!! * I note others didnt get charged..so naughty!!) Easy check in. The Reception stored my diabetes medication for me...no fuss..quiet efficiency..true Holiday Inn style...

Room itself...only partly made up..sadly lacking in attention to detail. The room was for a disabled person, with plenty of grab rails in the bathroom...and a shower wet area rather than a bath...(and I knew I was going to want a 5 minute soak in the bath after my travelling day...). Bed very comfy...and I slept reasonably well on both nights. Choice of pillows.

Menu for evening meal..was very restricted to me..in that I am Coeliac and diabetic..so safe food is an essential for me. Could have choice of two items only. Both would have been far too much for me. Back to hotel on the second night far too late than for any food...so I was prepared.

Shuttle bus to take me to airport and collect me on return was easy and prompt. £3 each journey.

No replenishment of the tea and milk..and as I was so very tired after my away day...didn't really want to chase back downstairs...but did so...

This morning, breakfast very limited. No suitable cereals..or bread. Sausages are usually a no-no...same scrambled..so I asked about the baked beans. "They are from 3663" ..which is a hotel catering organisation. Gives no indication for the ingredients. I ended up with a little fruit..a half glass of fruit juice....and a yogurt. Not enough for the diabetic me..when I am about to drive 50 odd miles back to Yorkshire.

Not easy to find safe suitable food on a Sunday morning at 8am....but I had no choice.

I am in process of taking the issue of the gluten free food up with Holiday Inn Management. I am booked to stay at another venue in January...and intend to take my own food....at least I will be certain of availability.....

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So easy to find off j6 of the M56 and it really was the start of our holiday. The check in was swift,efficient and friendly, well, it IS Manchester after all. Our room was a very good size
with superking size bed and choice of pillows. The heating worked well (once we found the switch that is hidden on the side of the heater) and we were able to relax and enjoy the hospitality tray and watch TV. Breakfast was included in the price and there was an excellent buffet provided.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful and the lifts are speedy, what more could we want? Well,it seems mean to voice any criticism at all, the lovely big bathroom with huge shower had Dove soap dispensers on the wall and a message to say that if we had forgotten anything to ask at the desk with a list of possible much needed items including toothbrush etc. but the one thing I needed was a shower cap but none were available. Overall we recommend and will definitely stay again but must remember my shower cap

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Easy to get to, lots of parking (was free despite the stated charge of £5). The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and good. This included hot food. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Allevard, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for one night due to early morning flight at MAN airport. There is a shuttle service that costs a few pounds (3 if I remember correctly) per person that gets you to and from the airport. You can also phone the hotel and have the shuttle bus pick you up. This service is dedicated to the HI Express.

Upon arrival, the check-in was quick, but I didn't spot that they neglected to give me a receipt once I had paid. I had to pay for the night immediately... They soon provided this upon request, though.

It is basic accommodation and not like a normal Holiday Inn, in terms of facilities, but the bed was great and I was able to sleep fine. There wasn't much noise insulation between the bed and the other rooms/corridor though, so if people were on the phone walking in the corridor, this would stop you from sleeping.

It was OK for 1 night.

I didn't eat in the hotel, so can't comment on it's quality, but headed off to the Premier Inn restaurant which is a 2 minute walk.(there are 2 Premier Inns opposite...)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived quiet late so was suprised to see plenty of parking available. Check in was very easy and in room without any problem. Had a quick drink and snack at the bar, I think they had a heating problem as it was quiet cool. Food was OK and staff very pleasant.
Room very clean, bed was OK but I dont sleep well away from home. Bathroom excellent (Maybe refurbished) nice big shower cubicle too.
Breakfast was excellent from the greeting by the staff to the quality and quantity of food available - well done!!
Would stay again when next in the area

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for one night – we had flown in to the airport late one night and didn’t want to travel back to NE England straight after.

The hotel is a few minutes’ drive from the airport, and is served by a shuttle bus which runs from 4AM until noon, every 20 minutes and costs £3 per person. We arrived outside of this time so called the hotel who sent the bus straight away. Upon leaving, we went to get the bus leaving at 10am but advised that it would be tied up 1/2hour; the receptionist didn’t hesitate to book a taxi for us which was the same price as the shuttle would have been.

Check-in and out was straight forward and quick; staff lovely and friendly.

Room was spotless and clean and had TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and wifi.

The bathroom supplied with handwash/shower gel/shampoo. The bed was really comfortable

Breakfast is great. This is served from 6am-10am. There is hot stuff – bacon, eggs, beans, and also cereals, bread and rolls, cheese, jams, marmite, fruit juices, tea/coffee.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really like this hotel.

I'm a big fan, generally, of the new Holiday Inn Express brand. They've upped their game, trying to anticipate the needs of an economy-to-mid-tier traveller, and they generally hit their mark. The beds are comfortable, the shower pressure is brilliant, the check-in is smooth, and the overall feel is bright and modern. It's a huge step up from the old Holiday Inn Express brand, opening itself up to frequent business travellers looking for more than a "points-earning Travelodge".

The Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport ticks all of these boxes, but adds very well-trained and friendly staff, who always greet me by name (I'm a regular here). The staff are very accomodating, from the duty managers to the breakfast staff. As a Kosher traveller, the breakfast has some options for me (I bring my own milk/plasticware), and the breakfast staff are always happy to bring out the milk that I leave in their refrigerator. The bar staff are quick and efficient, and check-in is always straightforward.

Finally, their Internet is perfect for the modern traveller. Free, and fast. I have no problems, whether videoconferencing or downloading files.

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for frequent travellers to the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!