“fantastic stop over” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Runger Lane, Manchester M90 5DL, England (Formerly Manchester Airport Lodge)   |
Ranked #65 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Fethard
“fantastic stop over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed one night in the hotel as we were booked in to go on the coronation street tour. The hotel is only a 25 minute drive from Manchester city centre. We found all the staff to be friendly and very efficient. Check in time was very fast. The reception area is very clean and modern with lots of comfortable seating areas. Food was available from 5 pm-10 pm. We arrived to the hotel around 4pm and the chef obliged us by preparing food early as my son was feeling hungry. The room was very spacious, clean and had the most comfortable beds and pillows that I have ever experienced in a hotel. The bathroom was spotless and contained a huge walk in shower. they supplied a generous supply of soft towels and they also supply dove hand soap and shower gel in wall mounted dispencers. Breakfast the next morning was a feast and Lisa looked after us by guiding us around the breakfast areas. We will definitely be back to this hotel

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed here for one night to collect my stepdaughter from Manchester Airport the following morning.

The staff on check-in were very friendly and full of banter, check in time was very minimal and simple.

The room was a decent size, with a very comfortable cosy bed.

Lovely big shower ( no bath ) nice clean room with all you need for a night's stay.

Breakfast was nice ( weirdly no Bacon???) Gutted as I love bacon with my cooked breakfast, its kind of the norm! But still scrambled egg, sausage, beans and toast etc. Tried the orange juice but it was watered down so left it.

Ideal location for airport. I do think parking should be free if you have paid to stay at the hotel. ( not £5 which it cost )

Lovely staff, they make the place!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
UK,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We recently stayed here twice whilst going on holiday and returning. The rooms are very clean and spacious and bathrooms very modern with a massive shower. The first night we stayed my partner become Ill and needed an ambulance. The 2 guys who sorted everything out for me on that morning I really can't thank enough. They kept an eye on the kids, sorted the room out for another night so my partner had somewhere to go when he returned from hospital. Phoned the ambulance. Booked me a taxi. Found phone numbers so I could rearrange things that had been booked. I really couldn't of done it all without your help. If the manager reads this please can u let me know who the 2 young guys who were working on the early morning of 31st july who helped so much, they really are a credit to your team.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Have stayed in loads of the other airport hotels around Manchester and found the Holiday Inn Express to be the cleanest by far. I know it has had a refurb but it needed it.
Beds really comfy. En-suite rooms excellent. Stayed in a Holiday Inn a couple of weeks ago at another location and they didnt have coffee/tea facilities. Nice to see here.
Arrived early hours and staff were polite and helpful.
Breakfast ok. Would have liked bacon as we had been away on holiday and not had any for a while.
Only complaint is no air con in the rooms.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the car ark side as the motorway is busy all night and its too hot to keep a windo...
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

When I spend a night on my travels in a Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express hotel, I always know there will be "no surprises" – the standard of the rooms and equipment is always in the same level more or less and they staying is always as expected in advance. I like it to have such peace of mind about a hotel which I don't know from the past.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Booked into here before travelling away the next day room was clean & bathroom was spotless! However, beware of the single beds, when you lying on them, your feet feel like they are in the air and the bed feels like it has a camber on, hence you get a feeling like your going to roll off!!!
Breakfast was very good, staff helpful also!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Air conditioning non-existent. So hot we needed to keep the windows open all night. But, we backed on to the motorway, so there was the constant rumble of traffic AND the occasional plane taking off. Not good with the weather we've been having.
Breakfast fair, sausage,scrambled egg and beans was the hot choice. No bacon!!
Continental brekkie o.k.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the front, it's quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!