“Stay only if its very necessary” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Runger Lane, Manchester M90 5DL, England (Formerly Manchester Airport Lodge)   |
Ranked #65 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Stay only if its very necessary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Can't imagine last time when I have had a situation needing a hotel near airport and something like this came across.
Worst room ever no complaints about management but the hotel is worst I have come across and no amenities £50 per night and such service. I think only book it if your desperate as even its not close to airport you still in need of transport from the hotel to airport.
Wish I could revert my decision and stayed at some other location.

Room Tip: please choose this hotel at your peril.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Would not recommend this hotel next time will stay in the hotel next door a lot cleaner carpets in hotel were dirty beds were uncomfortable walls very thin so didn't get much sleep only good thing about this hotel was it was only 5minutes from the airport

• Stayed September 2013
Lake District
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here before an early flight to USA. Have previosly stayed in Premier Inns but would have needed to get three rooms this time and we would only need 2 travelodge rooms.

Room itself was ok, clean and tidy.

But the bed was very soft which, for me, made it uncomfortable and we stayed there at the end of Aug when it was warm but not as hot as it had been which was a good job as there is no air con the only way to cool the room down was to open the window (which obvs only opens an inch or so) but then that made it noisy.

So for the money it was ok, would I stay there again probably not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Redditch, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

stayed here before when travel lodge was ok at £19.
was charged £49 for 1 night this time, service was very poor 2 hour wait for our meal,
room was not up to much carpets dirty, mattress what mattress, would have been better sleeping on the floor.
stayed 7/09/13

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Biała Podlaska, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was staying in Travelodge Manchester Airport on a business trip. Rooms are clean, beds really comfortable and service very nice and helpful. Prices were satisfactory. I would definitely return next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
iceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I thought I was booking a totally different hotel but ended up here, I should have been more careful. I do not have a single good thing to say about this place, it is filthy, disgusting and has rude staff, I had the displeasure of meeting one of them, Ashley, and his attitude.Even if he was on late at night, I think management might want to rethink the staff they have on. Thankfully, I was only going to stay for a few hours, to get a very early flight but I actually just left and spent the time at the airport, did not want to lay down on the filthy bedding nor use the dirty bathroom. I did take photos but am having trouble in putting them up so I will have to give it a miss, sorry to say, I would like people to actually see what it is like. I am not surprised to see they dont have any photos up. I paid $60 for this and I regret every penny. I dont expect much from airport hotels in general but at least they should be clean, that is not too much to ask. There is a premier Inn across the street, spend your money over there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I booked this for an overnight stay as I was flying early the following morning for a day visit to Belfast. I was clean, comfortable quiet and very handy for the airport. Staff were very helpful as I was arriving after 10pm. Parking for 24 hours was just £5 (and plenty of space available) as was the shuttle to the airport terminal building. Just what I needed at a very reasonable price, I'd recommend for anyone wanting a cheap overnight stop near the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DeniseJennings, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hello

Thank you for leaving such a great review of our hotel, I appreciate you have used your own time to do so.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Kind regards

Denise Jennings
Deputy Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!