“AVOID THIS ONE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park

You added Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   888 Oldham Road, Manchester M40 2BS, England (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #62 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
LEEDS
“AVOID THIS ONE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a poor hotel.
Cleanliness standards in room not good,cleaners certainly don't take any pride in what they do .
The food in the restaurant was ok on the level of pub food but not what you would expect.
To cap off the problems,they obviously overbooked so could not provide a full restaurant service and offered a buffet to be shared with dozens of BMX riders, not what I would expect from Holiday Inn.
Certainly one to avoid!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Samantha S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for your review all comments are greatly appreciated i am disappointed to read your comments regarding your room any issues hi lighted to reception/management we would have been happy to resolve. We are fully booked at the hotel and due to the number of sport visitors we provided a buffet evening meal however our room service menu and bar menu were still available and we also hi lighted to the few non sporting guests in advance that this would be happening. The new menu we launched has had great reviews and i am sorry you didn't get chance to try it hopefully if you do stay with us again you will try our restaurant menu.

With Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ludgershall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I recently highly reconmmended the Holiday Inn Express at Preston to all. This Holiday Inn is totally at the other end of the spectrum. I was lucky enough or so I thought to stay in an Executive Room through work here and we paid £74.99. I was certainly expecting much better than what I received. In the room was a leather two piece suite which was worn out and should have been thrown out long ago. The leather had come away from the rear of the two seater sofa and the single seater was just as bad with fraid edges all over. There was also a leather recliner in the room which was again worn out with the arm all rotted away. It seemed like a dumping ground room for all the old worn out furniture. To make matters worse, there were water stains on the bathroom ceiling, the carpet was covered in stains and didn't look at all clean, the net curtains were marked, spotlight bulb was not working, there were cobwebs all over the ceiling and finally the bathroom sink soap dispenser was empty although they did supply a soap pack so I was able to wash my hands. The next item is not the hotels fault but is worth mentioning. The hotel is based on a busy street which has multiple traffic lights on it, subsequently it became a drag strip at night for some boy racers and I was also woken several times by emergency services sirens that were obviously warning other road users as they needed to jump the red lights. Maybe it was just a one off, but this room is in desperate need of attention and at this time is definitely well overpriced for what it offers the customer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review whether positive or negative all feedback is greatly appreciated I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and comments or problems hi lighted to reception/management we would have been happy to resolve your issues. The hotel is going through a refurbishment of rooms i hope should you do come back you can see the improvements we are making and continuing to make.

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here for a football game in March. Really out of town in a nondescript industrial area. If you want some fun you will need a cab to city centre as there is nothing, repeat nothing, within walking distance in the area.
Hotel itself is geared towards business travellers, is rather tired looking but does its best. Staff are invariably friendly and food was quite acceptable. Very good parking is a bonus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Samantha S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent review I am glad the staff were friendly and you enjoyed our new menu. We do have free parking and i am pleased the parking met your needs we also have great transport links to the city center (10 Minutes away). We continue to improve our service and all feedback is greatly received.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I wouldn't say it's in the most salubrious of locations, but it is a business hotel, with good amenities.

Checking in was simple, I was at the desk for less than 2 minutes before I was issued with my key, the only downside here, was I wasn’t offered an upgrade to breakfast, I couldn’t remember if I had a B&B package or not, so a gentle reminder would have been appreciated.

I got an executive room for same price as a standard room, a complimentary kitkat and a bottle of water, a huge comfy bed, bathrobes, a minibar (pay as you go) – absolutely no faults here in living quarters. Bathroom was a bit run down and could do with freshen up, perhaps pop into The Holiday Inn Birmingham (Smallbrook Queensway), they have down to a fine art..

The internet was faultless, no break in bandwith whatsoever.

Car park was large, well lit and free of charge, yes free of charge and how nice it is to park FOC, considering I had to pay £12 recently in Nottingham at an IHG hotel for the privilege.

The only downside was the condition of the sofa, I have attached a picture of it, there was a better complexion on a rhinoceros – do yourself a favor, either change the cushion or replace it, such a shame you have this ridiculous carbuncle in an executive room.

I look forward to staying with you again, well done for doing it well and as it should be done.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay it's great to see the staff were efficient the internet exceeded your expectations and you were happy with the free parking. I take on board the comments you made and we are in the process of up dating rooms and i hope when you come back and stay with us you can see the progress we are making.

Rothley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Being a little further out of the city than the nearest Travelodge and Premiere Inn, this was a fair bit cheaper AND offered ample free parking. I arrived at around midnight and expected it to be difficult to park but there was plenty of space. I arrived at reception and was greeted instantly by someone who seemed a little more human than me at this un-godly hour and was promptly in my room which featured a flat screen TV, a MASSIVE bed and tea and coffee. It was pretty quiet too so I managed to get a decent amount of sleep.

The ensuite had soap, shower gel and towels provided, and a note saying that I could ask for any essentials which I'd forgotten such as toothpaste which was a nice touch.

Overall, my brief stay was very good, and it only took me 15 minutes to drive to my morning location which was a bit more central.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review I am pleased to read we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay i am also pleased that our Night Team were welcoming and made your late arrival go with ease. We look forward to making your next stay with us as pleasurable.

south wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel, friendly staff, nice room and a very comfortable bed. The food was average and there's nothing in walking distance nearby as an alternative.

Location wise it's a few miles out of the city centre in an industrial area. It's easy enough to get into the city centre though, about £8 in a taxi and £3 on the tram (there's a stop about 500 yards away). It's ideal for the Etihad Stadium and Sport City though, they're about a mile away.

I stayed here for work, if I was there for pleasure I'd look for a more central hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review all feedback is greatly appreciated we do have great transport links into the city center as you described (10 minutes away) and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and i hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are here on business.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Located on the main route into Manchester - ideal for the Central Park estate, with great bus and Tram links into the city.
Stayed overnight and found my room clean, well equipped and the staff were very friendly.
Breakfast was more than adequate and unlimited.
Evening meal options are comparable with other chain hotels and service was very quick.
Paid £61 for an executive room which was the size and equipped like a suite in many other comparable chains.

Room Tip: Executive room number 012 - large and worth the money if you want a bit more room, has sofa, chairs...