I've stayed here a few times now, and regard this as a pretty decent example of an Holiday Inn. Being a smaller hotel, you don't expect quite as much as some of the bigger ones, and I think the room rate reflects this. The rooms are comfortable and reasonably sized. The air conditioning/heating works well. The showers (as far as I've experienced) work well and run at a good pressure. Everything is in good order and very clean.
I've found the staff to be generally friendly, helpful and efficient. I've eaten a couple of times in the restaurant, and food was of a good standard, and came quickly. When dining alone, the general pace of service was good, and I was never kept waiting, nor felt hurried.
If I were to be picky, there are a number of things I'd like to see improved.
I just don't find the beds particularly comfortable. The mattresses are very firm and thin, as are the pillows (regardless of whether you choose soft or hard). I find this to be the case in most Holiday Inns, and I've stayed in a lot. After a few nights, my back/sides certainly feel a bit tired, as do I. Also, I'd really like to see ironing facilities in each room. Being a hotel in a city, people travelling by rail and air tend to have to pack things like shirts, and it's really quite nice not to have to request one each time, when I'm sure it should be standard equipment in a hotel of this standard these days.
Also, I noted that despite being a Platinum IHG member, this was never acknowledged upon check-in on any of my visits, neither was I offered an upgraded room, nor explained why one would not be available. I was given a single warm bottle of water and a chocolate bar, but only once and at the beginning of my stay. Given that one has to stay around 50 nights in an IHG hotel per year to acheive this supposed accolade, it doesn't give the feeling that one's loyalty is particularly appreciated, especially compared to certain other loyalty schemes.
Another seemingly minor thing was that I was never offered any condiments with my evening meal, and upon asking, the ones available were rather minimal (sachets of ketchup!). Salads were not dressed or given a choice of dressing. These small omissions do not necessarily ruin a meal, but can make it a lot less enjoyable. The food is expensive enough to warrant this extra effort - it can give a false impression of poor value. Drinks are expensive (£4.70 for a pint of Budvar!!)
Other than that, it's a fairly good experience for the business traveller, and despite its relative remoteness, fairly convenient for town via the Central Park Metrolink just over the road.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park Hotel Manchester
- Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Manchester
- Manchester Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ****NEWLY OPENED…..CENTRAL PARK METROLINK 200 YARDS FROM THE HOTEL…..ONLY 2 STOPS FROM MANCHESTER VICTORIA STATION****Stay at the contemporary Holiday Inn Manchester-Central Park hotel for ample complimentary parking just outside the city centre. Conveniently located for Manchester City Football Club, Sportcity; with Manchester city centre and the Arndale Centre, a shoppers’ paradise nearby. Our Manchester hotel is ideally situated for leisure breaks, business travel to Manchester, and for sport enthusiasts.Just 2.0 miles from Manchester City Centre, now accessible via metrolink direct into Manchester Victoria Station, the good-value Holiday Inn Manchester-Central Park is in the Central Park Industrial Estate. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and be greeted in the Lobby by our friendly staff. Wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel.Choose from our 83 en-suite rooms which are all furnished to a very high standard with super king size beds. All rooms feature colour TV, hair dryer, hospitality tray, direct dial telephone, modem points and WIFi. Family and executive rooms are available. Take advantage of joining Holiday Inn’s outstanding rewards programme, Priority Club, and enjoy many more benefits associated with this. Together with our friendly ‘can-do’ service and a global reassurance of quality and standards, you can relax and be yourself here.Holiday Inn Manchester-Central Park has 6 natural daylight filled meeting rooms for up to 90 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.