Saw the TV AD, Read the website, all checked out & sounded great. Pre-booked a family room, all come with bed, pull out bed and convertible bed settee. Restaurant open between 2 & 6.30 for specials, which fitted our plans.
The plan. Arrive, drop off luggage, eat a meal in the hotel. enjoy a sporting event, return and get a good nights sleep (guaranteed). What could be simpler?
The reality. 1 Adult & 2 kids checked into the family room. No pull out bed? Went to reception and advised that I should have booked a triple room. (It was my fault?).
OK, so we decided we could make do. kids in the double & 1 adult on the sofa.
Used sink to find previous guests spit floating in the sing from a fixed upside down plug (see photo). A large black pubic hair on the sanitary towel bags for added displeasure & to re-emphasize the reality that the room is not that well cleaned.
Off to the restaurant for a meal at 4 but advised they are shut till 5. Made do with fast food.
Off to enjoy a great premier sporting event, and returned to the hotel.
Shock, no duvets or spare pillows in the cupboards. This room was less well equipped than a standard double. Visit to reception at approaching midnight to complain & luckily a helpfull member of staff & another family room thankfully empty, we had to pack up our things and move rooms & floors unaided (with 1 child sleeping).
So much for the goodnight sleep guarantee (the 1/2 we got or the 1/2 we didn't get).
Breakfast was OK (If you can eat for three to make it good value). Their are better hotels for less money with double the service (don't be fooled).
Be warned! great TV advert but my stay was a real joke!
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
- Premier Inn Manchester
- Premier Inn Gmex
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Manchester city centre, opposite Manchester Central Convention Complex (formerly Gmex) and within walking distance of Bridgewater Hall, Town Hall, Oxford St, Deansgate and city centre shops bars and restaurants. Our Manchester Central Premier Inn has everything you'd expect and also boasts a Costa coffee shop, Touchbase business centre with free to use business lounge,free use of the Fitness First Health Club within the hotel and an onsite Table Table restaurant for a fresh new twist on eating out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.