“High Quality Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex)

You added Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex) to your Saves list
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 - 11 Lower Mosley St, Bishopsgate, Manchester M2 3DW, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #21 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow
“High Quality Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went to Manchester for the weekend, shopping and art gallery were on my agenda - as was the intention to try a different hotel for a change. The Premier Inns get consistently good reviews and I debated which one to choose, eventually settling for Manchester Central as it's close to the art gallery and a tram stop. All the main attractions are easily reached from this hotel, whether you walk or use public transport. As the name suggests, it's also a stone's throw away from the Central Convention Centre.

Absolutely could not fault the room. The cleaning had been carried out to a very high standard and the nice big window made the room very bright. I got lucky with the weather, which was warm and sunny, so I used the air conditioning and it kept the room pleasantly cool.

All the usual amenities were available: writing desk with chair, flat screen TV, tea/coffee and hairdryer. Pump action bottles of handwash and shower gel in the bathroom. The bed was very comfy and there was a nice armchair as well.

This hotel has both a Costa coffee shop and a restaurant. I had made other arrangements for food, but on looking at the menu later I was actually a bit sorry that I hadn't eaten in the hotel, as they appear to have a good selection of dishes at a reasonable price.

But arguably the greatest asset of a hotel is its staff and the team at Manchester Central were brilliant. As well as keeping the room lovely, the housekeepers always had a smile. Shazia on reception created a great first impression at check-in, as she was so welcoming and helpful. Also, when I checked out, reception made sure to ask if my stay had been satisfactory. It's touches like that which make you feel like your custom is valued and the staff are taking an interest....and it really makes all the difference.

I liked this hotel a lot and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex), responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay here at the Manchester Central Premier Inn.

As you say the Hotel is very centrally located and ideal for shops, bars, restaurants and majority of the tourist attractions. Across the road is located the St Peters Square tram stop so ideal to get around the city.

As you say the Hotel has and internal Table Table restaurant along with a Costa Coffee shop. We also have a Soho Gym located in the hotel which guests can use at a discounted price of £5 per day, vouchers available from reception.

My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay. I have passed on your comments to Shazia, she is my Reception Manager and encourages her team to make sure that each guest feels welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future. Maybe you will be able to visit the Christmas Markets which come on the 15th Nov-23rd Dec.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were staying in Manchester for a family wedding and booked the hotel in advance so only paid £35 for the room. Check-in was quick and easy. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and efficient. The room on the 8th floor was clean and spacious, with comfortable beds. The breakfast(pre-booked) was lovely. No problems or complaints at all!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for your recent review, hope you enjoyed your wedding. My team and I work work hard to try and ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

All over the UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I frequent PTI on a weekly basis on Business. I have never stayed here before and have always opted for the "out of town" Premier Inns' mainly because of Car Parking. This hotel has to be one of the best Premier Inn's going (and I have stayed in many).

All Staff from the Reception, Restaurant, and the Housekeeper were so Friendly and helpful, Reception gave me directions as to where I needed to be, The food in the Restaurant was excellent as was the service. The room was spotlessly clean,

I will defiantly return here, Other Premier Inn's could learn a lot from the Management and Staff at this hotel, See you again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay with us. My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay.

I'm glad you decided to choose us, we are located in the City Centre and ideal for bars, restaurants, shops and tourist attractions. As you say the reception team are more than happy to give directions or even recommendations as to where to eat or what to see.

I have passed on your glowing comments to my full team, they are always keen to hear of any feedback. As it lets them know what areas we need to focus on.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Spent 4 nights in room 425..lovely room with panoramic windows making it bright and airy.really clean and the usual comfy bed.the room is well fitted out with a full length mirror postioned opposite the dressing table mirror for checking ones rear view.this is a brilliant little touch which is so important esp when on business trips but is rarely found in 'budget' hotels.Inhave stayed previously in the Premier Inn in Portland Street which is good, but this one is in a nicer area.I loved the distance sound of trams sounding their horns when dozing off to sleep.Having said that, it is because I kept my window open but the soundproofing is very good and there is no ned to have a window open at all as the heating/ aircon is so quiet and efficient.All the staff are very friendly and go the extra mile.I would definately stay here again.my only slight gripe is the WiFi didnt work too well with my Ipad.. A problem Ive had at other premier inns but strangely nowhere else.I spent so long trying to connect to the server, my free 30 mins got used up each evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time top write your recent response, following your stay here at The Manchester Central Premier Inn.

Myself and my team work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay they can.

Apologies for the wi-fi issue, I've requested my maintenance man checks our settings to ensure that we don't have an ongoing issue.

We have various styles of windows in the Hotel due to the design but room 425 is one of my favourites as the window is so big. If you are coming again, please either call the hotel direct or on check-in request a room to the back. All no 25's are the same, apart from the 8th floor.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

north wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

As the title suggests, this was a return visit.The location can't be beaten in my opinion.Easy walk to the centre, just follow the tram line!We also walked to the Opera House which was only a few minutes away.Also Oxford Road train station is nearby, and have also walked to Piccadilly station from here.We were early, but the lovely receptionist checked us in to our double room on the top floor.All was usual Premier Inn standard.
We paid for breakfast which is fantastic value for all the options you get, and help yourself to as much as you like.
Only paid £37.00 for our room online.What more could you ask for!We will be back, even if have to pay more.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are obviously quieter as trams go straight pass outside
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review following your recent stay. We love when guests enjoy their stay so much they come and visit again, especially when we have four other City Centre Premier Inns.

As you say the Hotel is very centrally located, easy walking to both Oxford and Piccadilly Stations. Close for all bars, restaurants, shops and tourist attractions. The reception team are always available to give directions or recommend somewhere to go.

The Christmas markets are coming back, bigger and better this year from 15 Nov - 23 Dec, maybe you will be able to stay with us again and have a chance to visit them.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is tired, from the 80's I guess. My room stank of damp, I was given a filthy fan had no cover on !!!! & a plug in heater that mad the room even more smelly & too hot. The bathroom had a cracked sink, the bath was not clean & had no hand shower. The room & bathroom were antiquated.

My question is just how much did they pay Lenny Henry to front their adverts - or is he just plain desperate for the money these days ?????

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex), responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This centrally-sited hotel is very well situated for access to various parts of Manchester, with a nearby tram stop, and just a short walk from city centre attractions. We had a twin room, which was clean, comfortable and spacious, with plenty of very hot water, TV and tea making facilities. The staff were friendly, extremely helpful and professional. The buffet breakfast was excellent, with a wide range of dishes on offer, including non-buffet items such as porridge that you can request. It is much better than other budget hotels that we have stayed in, and we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your rexcent review following your stay with us here at The Manchester Central Premier Inn.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideally located for all shops, restaurants, bars and tourist attractions. The reception team and very knowledgeable and will happily make suggestions as to where to go.

The hotel has an internal Table Table restuarant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition we also have a Cost Coffee shop which is open daily.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Been to Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex)

Address: 7 - 11 Lower Mosley St, Bishopsgate, Manchester M2 3DW, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Greater Manchester > Manchester
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#15 Business Hotel in Manchester
#15 Family Hotel in Manchester
#19 Romantic Hotel in Manchester
Hotel Class:3 star — Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex) 3*
Conveniently located in the heart of Manchester city centre, opposite Manchester Central Convention Complex (formerly Gmex) and within walking distance of Bridgewater Hall, Town Hall, Oxford St, Deansgate and city centre shops bars and restaurants. Our Manchester Central Premier Inn has everything you'd expect and also boasts a Costa coffee shop, Touchbase business centre with free to use business lounge,free use of the Fitness First Health Club within the hotel and an onsite Table Table restaurant for a fresh new twist on eating out. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Gmex

If you own or manage Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Central Convention Complex), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.