“Stay elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lansdowne Hotel

Lansdowne Hotel
You added Lansdowne Hotel to your Saves list
Lansdowne Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   346 Wilmslow Road | Fallowfield, Manchester M14 6AB, England   |
Ranked #83 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Stay elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were met by an exceptionally rude man to begin with. There was blood smeared down the bathroom wall and the lights in the room did not work. They did clean the blood and replaced a bulb so we had a single bulb in the whole room, but they weren't willing to let us change rooms. I appreciate it is a budget hotel but no one should see that.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel does rank itself as a budget hotel but quite honestly it is the worst hotel I have ever set foot in! There is a notice on the bathroom door asking guests to run the hot water for 15 mins before contacting reception to report any problems!!! I didn't want to put my bare feet on the floor so I placed the towels to provide a walkway to the bathroom. There are stains on the lampshade and curtains and the furniture is seriously chipped! The lock to the room has been 'secured' in place with silicone filler, and loose, so it certainly doesn't provide any security. There is a sign outside which states rooms from £25 - quite frankly that is over priced and they had seriously hiked their prices for December.
On a positive note, the staff were friendly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I realise the Lansdowne is a budget hotel but I've stayed in other budget hotels in the area (e.g. the Wilmslow Hotel 2 doors down the road) and have not had anywhere near such a negative experience. I was particularly shocked by the shabbiness of the furniture, decor and 'amenities; e.g. peeling cheap furniture and broken table legs, non-existent bed-springs, stained carpets, no bedside light, and a tiny television with a loud buzz. Also, my room stank of cigarette smoke! Let's just say that the security-bars at the window and the lack of daylight did not exactly add to the ambience!
On a more positive note, it was reasonably clean and the staff were quite helpful.
In conclusion, I would say that the Lansdowne Hotel is very keen to take your money - and make you sign various waivers and forms to cover themselves for x, y, z eventuality - but it does not offer much in return. Needless to say I shall not be staying there again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

I have been staying at the Landsdowne for quite a few years now on and off as part of my job as lecturer at Manchester Met University.
The hotel is very good value for money, the staff are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable.
I would thoroughly recommend the Landsdowne to anyone thinking of staying.

Room Tip: single rooms good value for money
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

this hotel charged me twice. Weeks of wrangling they refunded me. However I was misled several times. Was told it was my fault. Once they refunded I noticed their error caused a bank charge. I'm now being told that as the manager didn't process the payment it was my fault. Like I'm responsible to train their staff. Don't stay here. Dreadful and never ever use a,card!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

As stated in the title!!

In shopped around and not only is this the cheapest I could find but it's the nicest! The staff are really kind, they always chat to you and ask how you are etc. nothing is too much trouble here!

The night porter is really friendly and helpful, the room is always clean and tidy.

On a recent stay having missed the last train the staff were incredibly accommodating and the owner even lent me his personal phone charger.

I can't say enough about this place. It'd privately owned and you get that special personal touch everytime. The lansdowne makes being away from home so much easier.

Massive recommendation and it's my pleasure to commend them to you!!

• Stayed October 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

We had friends staying here with no complaints. ...we ate in the restaurant and have never tasted indian like it..... wow. Flavours and genuine cooking. No western style dumbing down here. Pure veggie vegan delight. Loved it and will be back...... hidden gem in manchester.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Lansdowne Hotel? Share your experiences!